`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne Gretzky, Pavel Bure, Mike Modano, Cam Neely, Teemu Selanne.. Seen these?

Wayne Gretzky, Pavel Bure, Mike Modano, Cam Neely, Teemu Selanne.. Seen these?
Ok guys I'm sorry if you've stumbled upon my thread earlier or if you haven't I hope I am not bothering much. I've sent a few PM's to collectors regarding the people they collect and some have suggested I make a thread here in the Hockey Forum.

My original thread I made days ago can be found here. >>> http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1504843.html

I have 5 - Hockey Player Photos that I've been trying to hunt down where they belong to or what they are. It has been roughly 2 weeks, over 100photos of each player and still cannot find these exact poses or poster/images in a mag/ad NOTHING.

Have you seen these?

I'll try and get better photos with a scanner but this is what I have right now.

Left to Right, Top to Bottom.
(Hockey Players listed here only full list in Original Thread)

Pavel Bure #5929
Wayne Gretzky #5927
Mike Modano #5861
Cam Neely #5830
Teemu Selanne "Finnish Flash" Winnipeg Jets Uniform # 5823

[Image: 2ag584l.jpg]

Any help would be nice.
- Chris M

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Wayne Gretzky, Pavel Bure, Mike Modano, Cam Neely, Teemu Selanne.. Seen these?
They look like smaller versions of posters to me. The Gretzky and Marino remind me of posters form the 90s or so.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

RE: Wayne Gretzky, Pavel Bure, Mike Modano, Cam Neely, Teemu Selanne.. Seen these?
When I first stumbled upon these I thought they were just photos. But then I started thinking, what if these are the proof runs before the poster comes out? which is why they are numbered... but then again, another user in the basketball thread I made for the Kevin Johnson & Penny Hardaway suggested these were Promo's of the Mini Posters to Card Shops so they could order the posters. Sounds like an excellent theory as would explain the numbers to the right. However I wonder why there aren't that many for sale or any type of google info in peoples pages about these promos. If these were passed out to LCS's wouldn't there be more for sale or different variations of other players? My mind is completely boggled right now. I want to drop the money to get these BGS/Photo Authenticated but at that price, not sure if its worth it.

looks like promo posters
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Got some scans of these today. Anybody interested?

[Image: sbsrqh.jpg]
[Image: t8nuyd.jpg]
[Image: 28cm3qt.jpg]
[Image: ie08c9.jpg]

I used to have that Anfernee Hardaway poster, and I think the Modano too.

Here is what my guess is that they are. The number in the lower right, isn't a serial numbering...it's the "item number" that would correspond to the rolled up poster (sticker would be on poster roll so you know which one you are buying). For example.....those "mini" posters would be on a display so that you will know what the larger poster will look like. The number in the lower right will then correspond the the larger rolled up posters that are stored below the display. In my opinion they wouldn't have much value. They aren't promos for card shops or anywhere else for that matter. Someone just got a hold of the sample "posters" from a retail store....most likely when they were changing out the posters and instead of trashing the display posters, someone decided to keep them instead.