`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day Off Trip to LCS. Unexpected Pick-up!

RE: Day Off Trip to LCS. Unexpected Pick-up!
as long as your good with it..its a good trade...

sometimes you have to give up a bit more to get the card you want..

[Image: arod.gif]

Its not even football season and Cam is still selling good. Ive never had someone beg me for the Robinson. Most people will poo poo it cause they would only want to pay $80. I ve had it in sell threads before and no one offered anything but a couple super lowballs. When I look at cards, like when I look at cars to buy, I take into account the demand and what future demand will be for it. Not to make money, but to know I have a better chance of it holding value or even better rising. The Robinson will stay the same value for a long time. The Cam could jump when football starts. And please consider, I am from Charlotte and it is going to be part of my very sacred PC. You wont see it on the bay. The two cards I let go, I will never really miss . I had them for years. And If I want another, it will be easier to pay $100, and $30 tops for the two again than buying a Cam patch auto for $200 or so at one shot. I understand what yall are saying but, if the Robinson was such a nice card, yall would have tried to buy it or atleast try to trade me for it.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Not sure i would have done it. IMO I would Rather have 2 HOF players to 1 Hot Prospect. The Way Cam Plays guys dont usually last very long in the league or Decline alot quicker. So i dont know if that card will Hold long term value..

But that is what collecting is so if y our happy with the Deal then More power to you.;.

Quavis, if you're happy with the trade, that's the end of the story.

There are some members of the boards who literally try to rain on everyone's parade, constantly — like, literally, every post is negative.

Very annoying.

I feel like asking them, "Who exactly peed in your Cheerios this morning?"

By the way, I thought of your Bobcats PC today ... I went to WalMart and bought one of those Gems of the Game basketball mixed blasters that promises a game-used, graded, rookie or auto card per box.

I'll get a scan up of it in a couple of hours when everyone clears out of the office (LOL), but since I can't wait ...

I pulled a BCCG 10 Mint or Better graded card of ...

Melvin Ely. From 2004-05 Topps Total.

Oh well, at least he was an original Bobcat.

And hey, since you're PCing Cam, let's talk about my Totally Certified red jersey auto RC.

they even brought him back for like a second last season but he disappeared real quick. not sure if they even gave him a jersey.

(06-26-2012, 07:11 PM)quavis Wrote: they even brought him back for like a second last season but he disappeared real quick. not sure if they even gave him a jersey.
Yeah, I'll get the scan up shortly. It's REALLY sweet.

Oh yeah, the people demanded it ...

Here's my pull from a Gems of the Game box, it's got quavis's name all over it ...

BLAMMO!

[Image: MelvinEly.jpg]

That's an eBay 1/1 right there. Smile Yeah Q, don't let others rain on your parade. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters. Believe me, I've had people question some of my trades before because I go quantity over quality more often than not.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

That Ely is SWEEET!!!!!!! I wonder what the pack odds on that one was.

(06-27-2012, 11:18 AM)quavis Wrote: That Ely is SWEEET!!!!!!! I wonder what the pack odds on that one was.
Those Gems blasters are hilarious ... they're plastered all over the box with photos of LeBron jersey autos, Jordan jerseys, Bird/Magic autos ...

Obviously I wouldn't expect in a million years to pull one of those (if they're really even inserted into those boxes), but up until yesterday I think the worst "hit" I pulled was like a Terrell Brandon jersey — pretty good player for a relatively short amount of time back in the day.

Then, I pull the Melvin — VERY far off from a LeBron jersey auto LOL