`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What card got you hooked?

What card got you hooked?
I was going through my collection and came across this card. It immediately sparks memories for me because it was the card that basically got me hooked into the hobby. I think i bought a pack from Caldor's (Modern day Walmart), and pulled it. It was awesome getting a card of my favorite player, plus its a pretty cool looking card.

Photobucket

What card did it for you?
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

RE: What card got you hooked?
I was only nine and 93 topps finest came out and my uncle and I bought the last two packs in the box. I pulled the Mark McGwire all star card while my uncle pulled a Mike Mussina refractor. After that day I was totally hooked. I still wish that I had that card.

(06-25-2012, 05:26 PM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: I was only nine and 93 topps finest came out and my uncle and I bought the last two packs in the box. I pulled the Mark McGwire all star card while my uncle pulled a Mike Mussina refractor. After that day I was totally hooked. I still wish that I had that card.
What happen to the Mussina refractor? Pulling a refractor from that set was rare....

Photobucket

mine would have to be my griffey auto.I started collecting 2 years ago when my dad passed and left me a ton of cards.it was so much fun going thru them that i decided to star collecting my self and i plan on leaving them to my daughter so she can see there are more teams then just the redsox's lol.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

1978 dale murphy/lance parish

(06-25-2012, 05:28 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: What happen to the Mussina refractor? Pulling a refractor from that set was rare....
He still has it somewhere. He also bought the Frank Thomas All Star box topper and the Thomas refractor. He will never sell them though. He doesn't collect anymore but is really attached to the 93 finest cards he has.

I wanted to be just like Rickey when I was a kid. Batting stance and all. I begged for this card when I was 10 years old.

[Image: 1980Topps482RickeyHendersonRC-1.jpg]
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

Busting packs in 1985 to get the Gooden Rookie. After that, I was hooked.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

When this card fell out of my Corn Flakes box into my cereal bowl back in the summer of 1970, I was hooked and never looked back. This was my first of over 350,000 cards and it will be my last after all the others have moved on. This one goes with me when I go. Left shirt pocket. Right over my heart.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(06-25-2012, 05:49 PM)zeprock Wrote: When this card fell out of my Corn Flakes box into my cereal bowl back in the summer of 1970, I was hooked and never looked back. This was my first of over 350,000 cards and it will be my last after all the others have moved on. This one goes with me when I go. Left shirt pocket. Right over my heart.

Now that's passion.....

Photobucket