`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2012 Topps Strata, Chrome, Panini Prestige or Elite ...Which 2 Cases to Buy?

RE: 2012 Topps Strata, Chrome, Panini Prestige or Elite ...Which 2 Cases to Buy?
DROOL!!!! at that passing the torch marino and brees!

Im curious about the Strata and i love elite! if you get any Brees.......ill buy!
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

RE: 2012 Topps Strata, Chrome, Panini Prestige or Elite ...Which 2 Cases to Buy?
i love the Prestige and the Strata sets..i was going to wait for the strata patch set but i found the playbooks first...Prestige is one set i will be doing someday,i just love the look most years..classic,sharp and clean..
and folks...set collectors DO NOT do this for profit...we love the "set look".
there is NOTHING better than having all 100 cards or whatever,in one place, all next to each other for me to look at...
makes my lil heart go thumpity thump....yea..
Smile
and Mel? whatever you pick..you have THE best taste in sets..i am sure they will be incredible looking..
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I'd stay away from prestige. Especially if they were anything like last years. Since i dont believe they even had a cam auto produced. So who knows what will be missing this year.

MAINLY COLLECTING KANSAS CITY CHIEFS PLAYERS
new updated bucket 12/16

I think Strata and most certainly Elite.

I live the look of this years Elite, with the usual die cuts for the aspirations and status rookies plus the passing the torch set ( one of my favorites). Bringing back the Acetate autos is a huge bonus for me so I'd have to go with a case of Elite and would honestly think about doing both caes Elite.

If I was only going one case Elite and wanted another early set to do them I'd go Strata the card design looks solid even if it does look like Topps borrowed design ideas from other manufacturers. The cards look clean and bold, plus I'm not a huge chrome fan and really haven't been a big fan of prestige either. Prestige seems to be one of the lowest of the low-mid end products slightly ahead of Score and UD base product. Topps chrome while there's a lot of color one hit per box just doesn't give the fun factor I'm looking for. I'd rather pull 4 worthless hits than 1 worthless hit just for the enjoyment of seeing what's in there. If you hit your auto early in Topps chrome the fun of busting the box is basically over.

So I vote Elite Bigtime, and Strata
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

I would buy 2 Elite if it were my money....
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

If it were me I'd go for the Topps Strata. I like the...

-crisp design
-die-cuts
-amazing booklets
-not a crazy amount high-numbered parallels

(06-25-2012, 01:26 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Well my first choice would be Elite. I just love the look of the Acetate kind of cards that should hold a better condition than the traditional cards and could grade quite well if you want to grade a set you put together.
These look like some great and fun sets to put together!
[Image: ScreenShot2012-06-25at21708PM.png]
[Image: ScreenShot2012-06-25at21717PM.png]
And the rookies!
[Image: ScreenShot2012-06-25at21926PM.png]

As for my other, I think Topps Strata looks really interesting. Topps Chrome is always good and looks nice but its the same every year. Strata is a different product and new so I think it would be fun to put together since they are supposed to have shadowbox type cards. A wildcard for ya Mel would be Inception,which comes out in July. I think its gonna be really good like last year and give you a challenge of putting a low #/ed set together!

Hope this helps and cant wait to see what you get!
I might be totally wrong on this, but hasn't Acetate been done before? And if I'm correct, aren't alot of autos in those sets almost completed faded now. I have an Elvis Grbac auto like that and you can barely see the sig.
(06-25-2012, 01:03 PM)melcmd Wrote: I looked at Prominence and was disappointed that the entire product looks to have only sticker autos. Getting spoiled the last 2 seasons, I feel the trend is to have at least some on-card autos.

If you dropped one of the products to replace it with Momentum, which would it be?

This won't affect my decision to buy Certified or some other product later. I'm just looking at the early release and early season products.
Me personally, I would drop Chrome. I am collecting patch autos right now though, so I feel like my chances of getting some from Momentum far outweigh that of Chrome.

I know there is a value to Chrome that holds steady and in many cases appreciates, but if we are just looking at cracking cases for the sake of enjoyability and not profit, I feel like Momentum and Strata would be my choices.

Just my opinion (and it sounds like you are sold already on a product):

1. Chrome - while they have sticker autos, you can't beat the sharpness of the cards, the simplicity of the design and the checklist is pretty good. The only "con" that I can think of is the lack of HOF autos and Auto/GU. But out of two cases, you are sure to hit an RGIII or Luck parallel, which could turn into something you want via trade or sell

2. Elite - again with the sticker autos but more HOF autos and auto/gu. Always a nice design and in demand. "CON" would be the condition when pulled. Too easy to have bent corners or peeling; not always the case but something to consider.

(06-25-2012, 01:36 PM)alanch Wrote: I would go Elite and Strata. Strata looks like it could be pretty cool and I usually like the look of Elite.
Second that. Though the Momentum looks pretty solid as well with 10 hits/box. Keep in mind Strata isn't set to release until October, I think.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

(06-25-2012, 01:26 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Well my first choice would be Elite. I just love the look of the Acetate kind of cards that should hold a better condition than the traditional cards and could grade quite well if you want to grade a set you put together.
These look like some great and fun sets to put together!
[Image: ScreenShot2012-06-25at21708PM.png]
[Image: ScreenShot2012-06-25at21717PM.png]
And the rookies!
[Image: ScreenShot2012-06-25at21926PM.png]

As for my other, I think Topps Strata looks really interesting. Topps Chrome is always good and looks nice but its the same every year. Strata is a different product and new so I think it would be fun to put together since they are supposed to have shadowbox type cards. A wildcard for ya Mel would be Inception,which comes out in July. I think its gonna be really good like last year and give you a challenge of putting a low #/ed set together!

Hope this helps and cant wait to see what you get!
I was excited about Inception last year. I don't care for the mock portraits on the photos this year.

(06-25-2012, 01:36 PM)alanch Wrote: I would go Elite and Strata. Strata looks like it could be pretty cool and I usually like the look of Elite.
these 2 are at the top of my list. I decided to take a chance on a case of Strata (ordered from BO). What would you order for the other case?
(06-25-2012, 02:52 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Second that. Though the Momentum looks pretty solid as well with 10 hits/box. Keep in mind Strata isn't set to release until October, I think.
I'll probably buy a box or 2 of Prestige regardless. Certified won't be out until after Strata comes out.

I will still pick up Momentum, just not a case.