`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2012 Topps Strata, Chrome, Panini Prestige or Elite ...Which 2 Cases to Buy?

RE: 2012 Topps Strata, Chrome, Panini Prestige or Elite ...Which 2 Cases to Buy?
I vote Elite and Strata also!

RE: 2012 Topps Strata, Chrome, Panini Prestige or Elite ...Which 2 Cases to Buy?
(06-25-2012, 04:34 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I vote Elite and Strata also!
This is where I was leaning as well. I did not get much Chrome last year and after reading all the hype about the scarcity and price of the product in 2011, I thought I might be missing something.

Prestige is interesting because of the redesign. It usually doesn't have many redemptions and marks the start of the season.

Any other thoughts?

I look at "history" ..... Chrome and Elite are both two long time standards as to which all cards are based against ..... not a fan of "new releases" ..... seen so many come and go over the years that I try and stick by what has been and should be around forever.

I know it's not for the "investment" but if you look deeply into BV's over the past 10+ years only Chrome and Elite have stood the test of time Smile

(06-25-2012, 06:53 PM)pbean Wrote: I look at "history" ..... Chrome and Elite are both two long time standards as to which all cards are based against ..... not a fan of "new releases" ..... seen so many come and go over the years that I try and stick by what has been and should be around forever.

I know it's not for the "investment" but if you look deeply into BV's over the past 10+ years only Chrome and Elite have stood the test of time Smile
It depends on the year and subset for Elite. The Passing the Torch and Throwback Threads are pretty nice. I loved the 2010 Aspirations and Status Black sets. I didn't care for the design in 2011.

I gave up on Chrome in 2009. I was doing a lot of grading then and pulled some nice cards. They all graded poorly because of bad centering. It didn't matter whether it was a hobby or retail box.

Even most new products will have a set or two worth putting together. Upper Deck Trilogy in 2007 had a nice base auto set on acetate and rookie auto patch set that are still fun to look at even though the product was a one season wonder.

I wish Chrome would do something different for a change.

(06-25-2012, 08:30 PM)melcmd Wrote: It depends on the year and subset for Elite. The Passing the Torch and Throwback Threads are pretty nice. I loved the 2010 Aspirations and Status Black sets. I didn't care for the design in 2011.

I gave up on Chrome in 2009. I was doing a lot of grading then and pulled some nice cards. They all graded poorly because of bad centering. It didn't matter whether it was a hobby or retail box.

Even most new products will have a set or two worth putting together. Upper Deck Trilogy in 2007 had a nice base auto set on acetate and rookie auto patch set that are still fun to look at even though the product was a one season wonder.

I wish Chrome would do something different for a change.

I've opened a lot of 2009 Bowman Chrome and the centering isn't any better there, I pulled several nice autos that minus the centering would have graded well but just couldn't send them in because centering was so far off.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

I would go with elite and strata. Elite is my personal favorite product and i cant wait to get all the niners out of it this year. Plus the passing the torch design kind of resembles the ones from 1999 and 2000 when they were cool! Add on the acetate rc autos and the autographed booklets and its a winner! And strata looks pretty cool with those triple layered cards. Dont know much about it but prestige is kind of crappy. Just bad card designs usually and topps chrome is cool, but only one hit a box isnt much fun unless you like colors lol. Good luck with whatever you choose!
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(06-25-2012, 01:36 PM)alanch Wrote: I would go Elite and Strata. Strata looks like it could be pretty cool and I usually like the look of Elite.
Exactly what he said. Elite has me excited again this year...acetate autos!!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos