`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Rc or Hank AAron RC

Jordan Rc or Hank AAron RC
if you had the choice to buy a hank aaron rc or a jordan rc which would you choose and why?

RE: Jordan Rc or Hank AAron RC
Depends on condition and price. If the Aaron is in really good condition and the same price as the Jordan I would get it just because it is way older and would be harder to find in a good condition.

Aaron if its PSA 4 or greater.
You just dont know how many Jordan RC's there are........ALOT!!!

For me it's always the MJ rookie just because that's the one card I always wanted growing up. I dont think you could go wrong with ether one if you're a fan of both.
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

hank aaron, and this isnt even a close debate

one is vintage, one is not

Hank Aaron by far. Sentimental value in his rc.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

why do you think hank's auto and other cards arent nearly as valuable or popular compared to williams, mantle, mays etc

I'd chose Hank over MJ.. You see MJ's RC everywhere... there are also a lot of fakes out there.. Appears to be mass produced unlike Hank's RC.. .which is a lot older. A lot of people knew MJ would be a superstar & go down in the HOF during his first few years so those that collects sports cards stocked up on them & put them away... unlike vintage baseballs cards... where most got thrown away when families moved or put through children's bike spokes... I did this with a bunch of 86-87 basketball cards.. I was only 7 years old.. didn't know the value of sports cards... until I moved back to Santa Barbara, Ca & found my first baseball card shop down the street...

I'd pick up the Hank RC... because you never know when another 0ne might appear for sale... you can find a MJ RC any day of the week...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(06-25-2012, 12:33 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: hank aaron, and this isnt even a close debate

one is vintage, one is not
Actually I do believe the 86-87 Fleer set is considered vintage...from what I've read anyway, but if that's the case, then why aren't they encased in BVG instead of BGS...weird lol

If purchasing either, ensure it's a graded version. Aaron can be quite expensive even for mid-grades, MJ on the other hand can get pricey as well when you reach the 8's and up...i have an MJ Fleer RC in an 8.5 in BGS and paid 800+ for it. That can be expected for a mid-grade Aaron if lucky enough.

A BVG 6.5 Aaron sold for 1,550. A BVG sold for 500.

How much are you willing to spend is the ultimate question I have?

The collector and fan in me says Jordan as he was and will forever be my favorite athlete ever. The investor in me would get the Hank Aaron. Again there would be factors like grade etc to consider. Totally depends on what, who and why you collect. Aaron is harder to find in higher grade for obvious reasons.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.