`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOUK!!!

YOUK!!!
All right. Apparently we have too many good players in Boston. Anyone want to take our All-Star, Gold Glove, MVP caliber, versatile slugger, Kevin Youkilis away from us? All he wants to do is win. We can't have that, AGon and Middlebrooks too.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: YOUK!!!
.225/.311/.670 says otherwise. Sooooooooo happy the Braves didnt try too hard for him...
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

Looks like the White Sox took you up on the offer.

(06-24-2012, 04:04 PM)tntmclmm Wrote: Looks like the White Sox took you up on the offer.
Yep. That's what it looks like. I agree that this has not been his best year by far. I bet we haven't heard the last of him yet though.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

Im devastated. I know he wasnt having a great year, but the injuries and Bobby V have had a lot to do with that.

Im not a fan of trading him away, especially with what we got in return.
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox

(06-24-2012, 04:35 PM)bazooka joe Wrote: Im not a fan of trading him away, especially with what we got in return.
+1

From one sandbox to another.

(06-24-2012, 04:12 PM)zeprock Wrote: Yep. That's what it looks like. I agree that this has not been his best year by far. I bet we haven't heard the last of him yet though.
I love Youk. irrationally

that being said: it was time. he got old. his numbers were in decline, and not just this year. He wasnt going to get better significantly, and there was no way he would return to his previous glory.

also: will middlebrooks is the truth

what i dont get is this:

Zach Stewart: 25 years old, is 3-8 with a 5.92 earned run average in 31 career appearances, 12 of them starts. He was 1-2 with a 6.00 ERA in 18 appearances (one start) for the White Sox this season.

Brent Lillibridge: 28 years old, utility guy. career .215 hitter with the Braves and White Sox. He has played every position except pitcher and catcher. he'll actually be with the red sox to start off with (but he aint staying up here long)

now, im fine with this, if getting rid of youk meant they would save on salary. but the red sox are also sending 5.5 million to the chisox

if you just wanted to open up a spot on the roster for middlebrook, why not DFA youk, and hope someone picks up his salary (his contract does have a club option for 13 million or a 1 million dollatr buyout

I did not want him in Atlanta although he has been a good player over the years

The rumor of Atlanta wanting him was not true or warranted they want pitching and a fill in for infield but not someone owed what he is owed to spot start
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

One of the commentators for the Reds said they were in the running for him...while I doubt that they were, I'm glad they didn't get him. He's a good player, but where would Scott Rolen go?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)