`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Show & Target

Card Show & Target
I went to the card show in Lexington today looking for Bengals autos. None caught my eye. So I bought 5 packs of 2011 Panini Threads and 1 pack of 2011 Certified.

Threads: Star Factor Tim Tebow, Dez Bryant silver holofoil.
Certified: Colt McCoy mirror red.

I was absolutely devastated. I walked out cursing and saying that I would sell my entire collection.

Afterwards I had to go to Target with my lady so I picked up some $1.59 clearance packs and 2 2012 Press pass.

2008 Absolute Memorabilia: Matt Flynn Spectrum Red RC
2012 Press Pass: Andrew Luck
2012 Press Pass: Boom Herron, Devon Still, Mohamed Sanu, Marvin Jones (Bengals super pack)

Pics in the bucket, FS/FT.

RE: Card Show & Target
Well if you didn't spend all your money I can sell you an A.J. Green auto
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

You were "devastated" after 6 packs? I would recommend never buying boxes. Ever.

better luck next time
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(06-25-2012, 11:28 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: You were "devastated" after 6 packs? I would recommend never buying boxes. Ever.
I was being facetious. Just a rough day in the hobby.

Dude, I was at that show on Sunday and I know the box guy's prices. You spent 30 bucks, if that. If you were that upset, just stick with singles.

I have a rule ... ABR ... means Always Buy Retail. LOL

You can pull something like I did:

[Image: Harper1.jpg]

Sorry, just had to take it out of the garage for a spin. LOL

For those who don't have a frim grasp on the english language: facetious means sarcastic or humorous. And yeah, dasklein83, his prices are an absolute steal. I've been to several shows there and I think he's always there. I pulled a John Wall RC Auto from his stuff once, so I like seeing him there. Nice retail pull rcjc!

(06-26-2012, 09:38 AM)mtadams2 Wrote: For those who don't have a frim grasp on the english language: facetious means sarcastic or humorous. And yeah, dasklein83, his prices are an absolute steal. I've been to several shows there and I think he's always there. I pulled a John Wall RC Auto from his stuff once, so I like seeing him there. Nice retail pull rcjc!
Thank you ... that card was actually why I joined the forums, so I could show it off. LOL

My original post on it got darn near 5,000 views ... and actually, not to be all Oprah about it, but I pulled it the day before my grandma's birthday in November.

She had passed away the January before, so I like to think of it as a gift from above.

I mean, seriously, it was the last blaster on the shelf, and even pulling a refractor auto was like 1 in 300-something packs, with there being 35 different ones you could pull ... so the Bryce was like 1 in 10,000 something packs. Crazy.

(06-25-2012, 11:28 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: You were "devastated" after 6 packs? I would recommend never buying boxes. Ever.
+1... SINGLES are your friend...Smile