Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
A note on signatures

A note on signatures
Hey all -

I know people enjoy using forum signatures to show off cards, or let others know what they collect - and you should do so. That is what signatures are meant to be!

However, I would like to remind everyone that signatures need to be kept to a reasonable length. The Site Terms of Service says: "Also, as a courtesy to other users, please limit your signature text length to a reasonable number of lines (6 or less), or the signature block may be edited by a moderator or site administrator to an appropriate length. If you have an excessively long signature, you may be asked to make an adjustment."

While we don't strictly enforce the "6 lines or less" part of it, I've had to edit many sigs lately that exceed over one screen width. That is simply unacceptable and inconsiderate to your fellow users who have to scroll every time you post.

Therefore, I would ask that you please take a look at your signature and adjust it if necessary to a reasonable length - otherwise we may do it for you. A few pointers:

1. Generally, if you have more than one image stacked on top of each other, it is going to be too long.

2. If you are going to use an image, try to keep it "landscape" oriented (longer across than up and down). If you have a portrait oriented image, that's fine, just resize it down a bit.

3. If you have an image, try to keep your text lines to a minimum. One or the other is usually sufficient.

4. If you have a rainbow or collection you want to 'show off' consider posting a discussion thread to showcase it rather than in your signature.

Thank you!

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

RE: A note on signatures
Is my signature ok? I've had it for a while but I'm not sure if it meets your guidelines. I tried shrinking it as much as I could w/o hurting visibility.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

im not sure if mine is to big or not some one made it for me.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

While 'technically' longer than the TOS suggests - yours isn't one I'm talking about Fitzy...there was one today that had 3 'portrait' images stacked in a row...had to page down 2x just to get through the sig. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(06-24-2012, 07:40 PM)ceocards Wrote: While 'technically' longer than the TOS suggests - yours isn't one I'm talking about Fitzy...there was one today that had 3 'portrait' images stacked in a row...had to page down 2x just to get through the sig. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.
Oh ok, gotcha. I'll configure mine so I'm within the guidelines anyways Smile

Thank you for the clarification!
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

Is mine too big?

Hey, I had my three Anna Kournikova cards going left-to-right ... why has it been taken away?
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

(07-02-2012, 01:20 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Hey, I had my three Anna Kournikova cards going left-to-right ... why has it been taken away?
because it was too long. did you actually read the op?

It was there all along, don't see how it was too long. Your sig is actually bigger, so whatever ...
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

(07-18-2012, 09:58 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: It was there all along, don't see how it was too long. Your sig is actually bigger, so whatever ...
don't worry, seems like he says stuff like that to everyone
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)