`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Hoops 1990-91 good set?

RE: NBA Hoops 1990-91 good set?
(06-18-2012, 01:29 PM)quavis Wrote: I think series one was white bordered and two was yellow bordered. Or I could be wrong and one is retail and one is hobby. Not sure, but I like the yellow ones. I have the Webb PSA 10 and Jordan to match but not psa 10.
You're thinking of 1989-90.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Hoops series 1 for 1990-91 had the sam vincent/michael jordan card (or was it series 2? hmmm...) and contained cards 1-336. Series 2 had the updates, draftpicks, some subsets as well as a chunk of cards from series 1 - minus the all-stars. I made an error with the sam vincent/mj card number - it's 223a. It may have been in series 2. And yeah, you won't pull the D-Rob ART card in a box. A few things to look out for are the error and correction cards (for example, rony seikaly has two cards - one has him born in Athens, greece the other has him born in Beirut Lebanon) as well as color variants on the back of the card. Some of the cards have major differences in the team colors.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(06-18-2012, 07:20 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Hoops series 1 for 1990-91 had the sam vincent/michael jordan card (or was it series 2? hmmm...) and contained cards 1-336. Series 2 had the updates, draftpicks, some subsets as well as a chunk of cards from series 1 - minus the all-stars. I made an error with the sam vincent/mj card number - it's 223a. It may have been in series 2. And yeah, you won't pull the D-Rob ART card in a box. A few things to look out for are the error and correction cards (for example, rony seikaly has two cards - one has him born in Athens, greece the other has him born in Beirut Lebanon) as well as color variants on the back of the card. Some of the cards have major differences in the team colors.
How could the D-Rob card be obtained back in the day?

From memory, you had to send away a certain number of packs to get the D-Rob ART card. But there were two versions of it - error without stats, correction with stats. With the Sam vincent/mj card I think i pulled at 3 from my box of series 2/1 which ever it was. Good luck finding the All-star checklist with the set number and the charlotte hornets coach card - i've still to see them.

(06-19-2012, 07:40 PM)taffster74 Wrote: From memory, you had to send away a certain number of packs to get the D-Rob ART card. But there were two versions of it - error without stats, correction with stats. With the Sam vincent/mj card I think i pulled at 3 from my box of series 2/1 which ever it was. Good luck finding the All-star checklist with the set number and the charlotte hornets coach card - i've still to see them.
I have both versions of the Checklist. As a matter of fact, I have two copies of each I believe, one each for the set, one each for my Pistons PC. Also have the Hornets head coach card. Want me to get you scans?

DAyum, Extreme. I need the hornets coach and the numbered checklist.....

89-90 Hoops used to be crazy hot back in the day. I remember going into card shops at the time and seeing crazy prices on the David Robinson card.

Also Tim Hardaway, Shawn Kemp, Vlade Divac, and Mookie Blaylock all had rookie card in this series.

(06-22-2012, 06:55 PM)taffster74 Wrote: DAyum, Extreme. I need the hornets coach and the numbered checklist.....
Well I don't have doubles, so the best I could do is give you pictures. Smile And I don't know if you've used or are able to use the Marketplace, but there are many dealers that they show they have a copy of both of the cards.

(06-22-2012, 06:55 PM)taffster74 Wrote: DAyum, Extreme. I need the hornets coach and the numbered checklist.....
I'll go through my Hoops cards this week and see what I got. You can just have them if I have it. Will keep ya posted.