`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning

RE: This grinds my gears: card show dealers this morning
(06-23-2012, 11:44 AM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: This is true they have a Houston show that comes down once every 3 months. That show has decent prices and better stuff. The Local monthly show is just the same deadbeat sellers with the same cards over and over.
Same here

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

you should have told him that his cash was just OK and he would have to do better than that.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(06-23-2012, 11:47 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: you should have told him that his cash was just OK and he would have to do better than that.
Wow... This $20 is wrinkled and this one is missing a corner. I'm afraid I'm gonna need a couple hundred more to make the trade even.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(06-23-2012, 12:08 PM)all day baby Wrote: Wow... This $20 is wrinkled and this one is missing a corner. I'm afraid I'm gonna need a couple hundred more to make the trade even.
EXACTLY!
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

This is why I avoid shows like the plague... Dealers like that have ruined this hobby, and as much as I would like to take my son to his first show, it's just not worth their piss poor attitudes, and horrendous prices... Internet for me any day... Keeps my frustration to a minimum... I am still finding a few douches online now and again, but at least I am getting the best deals ever online...

you'll have tools at shows or online.....the only thing uncool was him grabbing your cards..no one grabs my cards from me plain and simple (btw you never replied to your inquiry of my bill b auto and something small) Smile
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(06-23-2012, 01:23 PM)slotman11 Wrote: This is why I avoid shows like the plague... Dealers like that have ruined this hobby, and as much as I would like to take my son to his first show, it's just not worth their piss poor attitudes, and horrendous prices... Internet for me any day... Keeps my frustration to a minimum... I am still finding a few douches online now and again, but at least I am getting the best deals ever online...
Depending on how old your son is it might be good for him to go to a show with these people, he would be able to see the other side of our hobby....the side where all that matters is money

He probably had tremendous B.O. and stains from his breakfast two days ago on his shirt. He definitely lacked in people skills and probably still lives in his mother's basement. I would have given him the one -finger salute and walked off. Thank goodness those idiots are few and far between
[Image: comicbookguyexplaining-1.gif]
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

You got Blankity-Blank-Blanks like that everywhere. The best thing you can do is let the community around you know about it. There are a few dealers in my area who pretty much do not get the business of the die-hard collectors because we let each other know when someone acts like an idiot toward one of us.

I know of a guy who sets up at local shows. He'll openly tell you that YOUR stuff is worse than junk, and HIS stuff is solid gold. If you ask about a card in his case, he wants EVERYTHING you have. I've even had him tell me he wants stuff I have at home for something in his case. If he sees you at another dealer's table, he wants to see what you bought, and asks why you didn't spend your money with him instead.

I could start a whole thread on this guy..
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(06-23-2012, 04:18 PM)duch2izback Wrote: He probably had tremendous B.O. and stains from his breakfast two days ago on his shirt. He definitely lacked in people skills and probably still lives in his mother's basement. I would have given him the one -finger salute and walked off. Thank goodness those idiots are few and far between
[Image: comicbookguyexplaining-1.gif]
That's perfect!