`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need info help on a new pc I want to start

Need info help on a new pc I want to start
I'm looking to start a side project pc of the rookie cards of catchers. Its a position I played in Little League many many years ago that my nephew is now playing. I went through all the 2012 team rosters and compiled a list of their starting catchers and back-ups. The help I need are the players who came up as catchers that didn't play the position long that I will have trouble with. Craig Biggio, Brandon Inge, and Jayson Werth are 3 that come to mind. The player RC must have "Catcher" as a position for it to qualify for my pc. I will be doing vintage as well as modern and stars as well as commons. If anyone knows of any books or sites out there that list team rosters by year with positions that would be a great help. It should be a fun and infomative pc to do. Thanks for all the help.

Mike
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: Need info help on a new pc I want to start
Dale Murphy also started at Catcher but I'm not sure if any of his first cards list him at that position. He may have switched early on.

Do you have a list of players you need? I believe I have a Biggio and maybe a Morneau.
Photobucket

(06-23-2012, 11:18 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Dale Murphy also started at Catcher but I'm not sure if any of his first cards list him at that position. He may have switched early on.
Dale Murphy is a good one. He's on the 1977 Catchers RC. Added to the list. Thanks for that one.

(06-23-2012, 11:21 AM)txviking Wrote: Do you have a list of players you need? I believe I have a Biggio and maybe a Morneau.
Don't have a list of what I need as of yet. Trying to get a players list first then go through the hundreds of cards I have then I'll go from there.

Pablo Sandoval. Scott Hatteberg who was highlighted in Money Ball is a good example.

you can visit the website baseballcatchers.com and it will give you a complete list of every catcher by last name in the catcher list section. It also gives you catchers who debuted at the position but then played other positions. If they played 1 game at catcher, they are on this website.

i believe mike sweeney was
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(06-23-2012, 01:51 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: Pablo Sandoval. Scott Hatteberg who was highlighted in Money Ball is a good example.
Didn't even know about Sandoval. Added to the list. Thanks for the info.

(06-23-2012, 02:07 PM)ellis2211 Wrote: you can visit the website baseballcatchers.com and it will give you a complete list of every catcher by last name in the catcher list section. It also gives you catchers who debuted at the position but then played other positions. If they played 1 game at catcher, they are on this website.
Awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks for the info!

(06-23-2012, 02:10 PM)rascrush Wrote: i believe mike sweeney was
Yep, Mike Sweeney would be one. Added to the list. Thanks for the help.
(06-23-2012, 02:07 PM)ellis2211 Wrote: you can visit the website baseballcatchers.com and it will give you a complete list of every catcher by last name in the catcher list section. It also gives you catchers who debuted at the position but then played other positions. If they played 1 game at catcher, they are on this website.
Great website. It should have everything I need to get started. Thanks again for the help.

Mike

Carlos Delgado is an easy one.

I believe Neil Walker is still listed as a Catcher on his RC
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends