`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OMG!! Please HELP me Beckett!
06-23-2012, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2012 08:37 AM by lasherclan.)
OMG!! Please HELP me Beckett!
I was adding cards to my Organize last night and deleted a small non-essential collection....or so I thought. This morning, I awake to find that my 14,000 card trade/sell collection is gone!!! i have spent the last couple years slowly building this collection.

Please, please, please tell me that Beckett maintains some sort of back-up and my collection can be re-created!!

A huge thank you in advance if this can be done.

Regards

Perry Lasher (lasherclan)
weird....it looks like the All Items count still includes my "Trade/Sell" collection, but I cannot see the collection? Again, please help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: OMG!! Please HELP me Beckett!
(06-23-2012 08:33 AM)lasherclan Wrote:  I was adding cards to my Organize last night and deleted a small non-essential collection....or so I thought. This morning, I awake to find that my 14,000 card trade/sell collection is gone!!! i have spent the last couple years slowly building this collection.

Please, please, please tell me that Beckett maintains some sort of back-up and my collection can be re-created!!

A huge thank you in advance if this can be done.

Regards

Perry Lasher (lasherclan)
weird....it looks like the All Items count still includes my "Trade/Sell" collection, but I cannot see the collection? Again, please help.

Sounds like you did the same thing that I did about 6 weeks age. I sent my all items to the trash by mistake and all of the tags were stropped off of them. he cards are still there in your Org. only no tags. You need to look them up by doing a search in all Items, All Collections and then adding the proper tag.

here is a link to what transpired:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1497216.html

Ray

06-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the info. You are correct. The cards are still in All Items.....without tags. It sucks to have to re-tag them, but at least they are not gone.

Thanks again for the help!
06-24-2012, 10:03 AM
(06-23-2012 02:45 PM)lasherclan Wrote:  Thanks for the info. You are correct. The cards are still in All Items.....without tags. It sucks to have to re-tag them, but at least they are not gone.

Thanks again for the help!

I had the same thing only 130,000 cards and it took three weeks to get them back.

This is a serious glitch in the system because it is so easy to make a mistake.

Ray

06-24-2012, 10:23 AM
(06-24-2012 10:03 AM)ktcardshop Wrote:  I had the same thing only 130,000 cards and it took three weeks to get them back.

This is a serious glitch in the system because it is so easy to make a mistake.

Ray

technically speaking, that isnt a glitch in the system, but PEBKAC

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
truthfully, one leads to the other
06-24-2012, 12:00 PM
(06-24-2012 10:23 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  technically speaking, that isnt a glitch in the system, but PEBKAC

Seriously
06-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I am not technically inclined....but I do have a suggestion for the Beckett folks.....when I select a collection to be deleted, perhaps the pop up that asks if I am sure I want to delete the collection could identify the collection by name, as opposed to simply "this collection". To be honest, I am not convinced I selected the wrong collection, but if I did, perhaps seeing the name of the collection would have prevented me from going further?
06-27-2012, 03:11 PM
(06-26-2012 07:04 PM)lasherclan Wrote:  I am not technically inclined....but I do have a suggestion for the Beckett folks.....when I select a collection to be deleted, perhaps the pop up that asks if I am sure I want to delete the collection could identify the collection by name, as opposed to simply "this collection". To be honest, I am not convinced I selected the wrong collection, but if I did, perhaps seeing the name of the collection would have prevented me from going further?

Sounds like a fair enough suggestion and easy enough solution to the problem.