`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling MattinglyAlexander

RE: Calling MattinglyAlexander
I too am waiting for his end of the trade coming in. Been a while as well. Have left him a few notes asking about when he has/hasn't shipped out the cards. Again I understand about the time deal as well but it shouldn't take this long to get them out. Just would wish he would get back to us and let us know what the deal is. Communication is key, which I haven't received any.

(06-22-2012, 06:58 AM)jtraven42 Wrote: Minor point of disagreement here. You do have to leave your house to go to the post office. Leaving outgoing packages in the mailbox is an invitation to theft. I speak from experience.
And personally, with three kids, a full time job, and going to school for a master's degree, time is one thing with which I am not blessed.
And I would disagree with you, because if you have the time to add cards to you org, go through people's orgs and work out trades you have enough time to get to the post office. Or if you're too busy, your wife can, as thats what I do often. And if you are not around during post office hours there is always the post office drop box. Or you can get a mailbox which locks and give your postman the key if you're that worried about it.

People have too many excuses these days when things in life now are much more simple. If you have time to sit on your computer and trade, taking more than a week to ship anything out means you're just lazy and that makes you a bad trader. Especially when you don't even let the other party know whats going on. If trader's had to wait that long for my end I'd be flat out ashamed and embarrassed. Of course it would never happen, unless something happened on PO's end.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

Last login was June 7th. His last thread he created, he mentioned that he didn't want anybody mailing out cards UNTIL you've received his end first.
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1500597.html

With that said, in my opinion it's best to shoot a quick PM to all of your traders instead of a post/thread in the forums. Not everybody sees all of the threads on here. With that said, there are a few people who trade who, by now, most should know they aren't going to mail out the cards the very second after a trade is agreed upon so it should be somewhat expected going into the trade, though still communicated.

Additionally, I still don't understand how some people don't know that communication is the key foundation to anything in regards to trading. Things like, and I know BGT has addressed this more than a few times, not announcing that you're going to wait to receive cards before mailing your end out. I could care less what someone's story is, if you can't communicate that prior to the trade being agreed upon by both parties, you shouldn't be trading.

No one person is more important than the other and there is nothing saying that one person is more trustworthy than the other. Just because someone has 800+ trades does not make them anymore trustworthy than someone with 300+ trades and in that instance, I can't imagine why the 800 trade person would honestly expect the 300 trade person to ship first, which is something along the lines of which I've seen more than a few times in threads around here. (Feedback numbers pulled out of thin air) In fact, if the higher feedback person pulled that stunt, I'd say THEY are the ones that are less trustworthy anyway, if they didn't communicate this prior to the trade being agreed upon. More feedback does not dictate that they can disrespect the other trader or toss their concerns out the window. I can easily point out a few past "respected" and "trustworthy" traders that went rogue.

As it stands, I think there are no more than 5 people on this site that I almost fully trust anyway, a couple of whom are no longer here anymore anyway and one who states out front that he is a slow shipper.

(06-22-2012, 01:06 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: And I would disagree with you, because if you have the time to add cards to you org, go through people's orgs and work out trades you have enough time to get to the post office.
Yeah, because adding cards takes so long! Some people don't live anywhere near a post office
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I have to say with my new baby, work, travel, etc. my free time is real sporadic. Some people need to keep an open mind to certain things. I myself have not had any issues but I know there are times where I have plenty of time to sit on here and times where I might not get a chance to login or do anything hobby related for a week or two at a time. God forbid I get the free time, set something up, and then life happens

That being said I have always and would always do my best to ship quickly and if I absolutely can not would definitely do my best to be open and communicate what is going on
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)