`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Folders for Folders
06-20-2012, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2012 02:35 PM by orr2bourque.)
Folders for Folders
I have many folders, all hockey and I made a folder for each year the Stanley cup was won (among others) and then inside each folder is a Collection named for each player on that roster. When a player wins multiple times I would put him in a folder that he had won the first year and in the title I would put the years he had won. But if He won with another team I would put him in that team aswell.

Well the folders are really piling up and I would like to put some of the folders in folders like TAKE ALL the Islanders folders in one folder like a new subdirectory. That alone would keep my list on the left from stacking to the hills. Would you consider making another level of subdirectories?

Also I was wondering Im making so many list, Is my collection going to crash and am I putting all this work into an unstoppable crash?
Is there a way I can BACK-UP my work?

Mark

[Image: th_RGrc1jpg.jpg]Collecting R.Bourque and all Bruins cards![Image: th_RSrc1jpg.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: Folders for Folders
you cant put folders in folders, only collections inside folders

as for crashing: i have several hundred collections. im running fine

dance like no one is looking, but also, dance like everyone should be looking at you.
truthfully, one leads to the other
06-21-2012, 05:41 AM
RE: Folders for Folders
(06-20-2012 02:32 PM)orr2bourque Wrote:  I have many folders, all hockey and I made a folder for each year the Stanley cup was won (among others) and then inside each folder is a Collection named for each player on that roster. When a player wins multiple times I would put him in a folder that he had won the first year and in the title I would put the years he had won. But if He won with another team I would put him in that team aswell.

Well the folders are really piling up and I would like to put some of the folders in folders like TAKE ALL the Islanders folders in one folder like a new subdirectory. That alone would keep my list on the left from stacking to the hills. Would you consider making another level of subdirectories?

Also I was wondering Im making so many list, Is my collection going to crash and am I putting all this work into an unstoppable crash?
Is there a way I can BACK-UP my work?

Mark

I have nearly 260 folders in my Org. and there is no sign of it crashing. It would really help alleviate the extensive list of collections if I could put a collection inside of a collection.

Ray