`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT yet again: buying "off of ebay"

OT yet again: buying "off of ebay"
im not a seller, but why do all of these sellers keep telling me " x dollars shipped off ebay"??
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

RE: OT yet again: buying "off of ebay"
Because it is usually cheaper off Ebay since Ebay fees are pretty high.

(06-20-2012, 01:12 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Because it is usually cheaper off Ebay since Ebay fees are pretty high.
but what happens if they screw you over? no protection?
also, is that why they try to sell for 2x BV? to cover those fees?
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

(06-20-2012, 01:13 PM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: but what happens if they screw you over? no protection?
Depends. If you pay with Paypal and don't use the "gift" method, you will still be protected by Paypal.

And no- they try to sell it for 2x BV because they think they can get it. ;-)

Ebay fees are pretty rough though.

I did this once as a seller. The buyer contacted me, and said that we're close in location and wanted to know if we could do a trade/cash deal. I was SUPER apprehensive! 1.) I didn't want to go against policy, it's there for a reason, which leads me to #2. 2.) Safety. I live a couple minutes from Detroit and it's not the smartest thing to do around here.

We met at the local mall food court, made the card swap. BUT...he left his money in the car and wanted me to go get it with him.

I took the gamble and went. Nothing happened, it was fine. He handed me a 50.

Wow, long story! As a buyer though, I would do it with PP goods so you'd have the PP policy protection.
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

for every dollar i sell, including shipping, ebay takes 13-15 cents. that doesnt include listing fees, or paypal fees

all my prior customers get a better deal if they go off ebay. i pass the savings onto them

as a newbie to selling on Ebay, i learned my lesson to the fees. There is a item fee and a s/h fee as well.
So next time, buying, think about our cost for once. Even paypal charges a small fee. But still is protected.
A 100$ item, and they charge about 10% on fees. Thats why i request higher shipping fees to cover my cost. And those bubble mailers and popcorn arnt cheap either.
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

(06-20-2012, 01:58 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: as a newbie to selling on Ebay, i learned my lesson to the fees. There is a item fee and a s/h fee as well.
So next time, buying, think about our cost for once. Even paypal charges a small fee. But still is protected.
A 100$ item, and they charge about 10% on fees. Thats why i request higher shipping fees to cover my cost. And those bubble mailers and popcorn arnt cheap either.
I sold some 1938 cards for $800ish and brought home a little over $700 after everything was said and done. BUT... it's the BEST way to hit the country/world market!
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

(06-20-2012, 01:13 PM)brentboudreaux1 Wrote: but what happens if they screw you over? no protection?
Have them send you an invoice with the card listed that you will be getting. That way you're covered. I bought a few elway autos from a shop in WA that way. They sent me an invoice and all was well! Still be careful who you deal with though
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

I've had mixed results. A couple of times sellers forgot to send. Once someone straight ripped me off.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.