`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 PP Showcase - pics added

2011 PP Showcase - pics added
So, I decided to try one of these boxes. $150 for three hits, but I figured "Hey, it's Press Pass...I'll probably get some good return, or at least some sick cards..."

Famous last words. I have never been disappointed with Press Pass until now. This was pretty bad, if you ask me...

The entire box:

Base, numbered to 499
#2 Jeff Gordon
#12 Clint Bowyer
#17 Martin Truex Jr
#26 Bobby Labonte
#39 Carl Edwards EE
#48 Kyle Busch M
#59 Ryan Newman/Tony Stewart CC

Base Gold, numbered to 125
#7 Kurt Busch
#56 Jamie McMurray/Juan Pablo Montoya CC

Inserts
Showroom #SR5 Tony Stewart, /499
Showroom Gold #SR6 Kyle Busch, /125
Champions Gold #CH11 Dale Earnhardt, /125

[Image: 16470773.jpg]

Hits
Elite Exhibit Ink #EEIKYB Kyle Busch AUTO, /50

Classic Collections Sheet Metal #CCMEGR Jamie McMurray/Juan Pablo Montoya/Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing /99

Champions Memorabilia Firesuit Gold #CHMTS Kurt Busch /45

[Image: 36cb0d7b.jpg]

The Kyle Busch Auto is nice, on the clear acetate stock, but a Single Color Firesuit piece? Really? And two rather mundane chunks of sheet metal from two rather mundane drivers? Really.

I don't expect that every card needs to be Tony Stewart. In fact I pulled a Jamie McMurray Firesuit out of 2012 TM that is amazing, and I would have been good with that here, too...but not this. The Earnhardt card is better than the two memorabilia cards.

I have pictures, but I can not get to photobucket from work, but I was finalizing a trade and decided I would share, seeing how not much has been going on here.

I also have a few boxes of TM to post, but the pictures really are needed for those breaks, and I do not have them all scanned yet.

Anyway, comments? Again, I am not all that worried about BV, but I should at least get something worth looking at out of this box, right? The pictures of these cards will leave you underwhelmed...

Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

RE: 2011 PP Showcase
I have a blaster I got of magic fb think it was 09. Let me see what I have. Would be interested in the Newman/Stewart at the very least and prob more.

(06-20-2012, 11:29 AM)minitracer Wrote: I have a blaster I got of magic fb think it was 09. Let me see what I have. Would be interested in the Newman/Stewart at the very least and prob more.
Tom,

That Gordon sure looks good, like for our next trade? Smile

Jerry

Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

(06-20-2012, 03:49 PM)Echo7Bravo Wrote: Tom,

That Gordon sure looks good, like for our next trade? Smile

Jerry
Jerry, I was thinking exactly that.
(06-20-2012, 11:29 AM)minitracer Wrote: I have a blaster I got of magic fb think it was 09. Let me see what I have. Would be interested in the Newman/Stewart at the very least and prob more.
Stewart is PC. Sorry.

I only need SPs from Magic...not a ton of those in he blasters.
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

not bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(06-20-2012, 05:34 PM)dunnere Wrote: Jerry, I was thinking exactly that.

Stewart is PC. Sorry.

I only need SPs from Magic...not a ton of those in he blasters.
No problem. Have some base/insert Stewart cards will add to my org for you. Perhaps we can trade soon.

(06-20-2012, 06:13 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: not bad
At $50 a pack, I think I should expect better than a single color Kurt Busch fire suit piece...if it was dale jr, maybe it wouldn't feel as bad, but still.
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

RE: 2011 PP Showcase - pics added
Nice break, I have interest in the kyle busch. Have mostly base/inserts of smoke but do have a race used of him I would be willing to trade out of pc.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(06-20-2012, 08:48 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: Nice break, I have interest in the kyle busch. Have mostly base/inserts of smoke but do have a race used of him I would be willing to trade out of pc.
PM Sent
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

I'd have been happy with the Kyle AU, but that box WAS pretty much junk. This is why I didn't bother with Showcase the last 2 years. I bought an '09 box. It cost me $256 a few months after release and BV-wise, I barely cleared $315 in value. I pulled two great cards from the box, but they were mostly great b/c of what I traded them for. After seeing breaks of the 2010 release, I decided to skip it. Same thing happened in 2011. Even though the box prices got cheaper, so did the appeal of the 'hit' cards.
I wish I had something to trade you for the Kyle AU, but I don't.

However, we do have a trade offer that's just sitting around. Nothing has happened with that since the 17th of May. It's been on your side since before then. Do you mind getting around to that sometime soon? Any response to it would be nice. Just LMK.