`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sentimental vs. Book

Sentimental vs. Book
If you had to put a price tag on your PC items without looking up their BV, how closely would they mirror book value?

Was just thinking about this because I have some patches that make the card far more valuable to me than what it books for. On the other hand, there are those that have huge BV's, but come from sets I don't care for or something similar.

RE: Sentimental vs. Book
Yes I have this card ad it books "X" and I though for sure it booked at least 2-3 times "X"
[Image: Favrepatchcolors.jpg]
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

I don't even have a clue what my PC "books" at... I could care less... It's all relative these days... Bv is a crock IMHO...

BV is really only good for trading purposes IMO. Because really a card is only worth what it sells for.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

Yeah mine definitely wouldnt be at book for a lot of items because they are hard to find and I spent a lot of time looking for them. Plus I really just dont know what to think about BV these days because I see a card sell for an amount that is BV, but then you see other cards sell for a third of what BV is. So.......
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Did I mention BV is a pipedream???

Well that's kind of my point. :-) With patch variations, set bias, parallels, etc, value is getting more subjective all the time.

However, without SOME sort of common ground, it would be nearly impossible to make a trade.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed