Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old player autographs

old player autographs
how do they get old nba players singnatures if they are already dead
just wondering thank you

RE: old player autographs
You go to the Cementary and ask them Politely
But on a serious Note. Autos are hard to come by for players who have died.. The one you see are Old Cards that people had signed in Person and then got Authenicated bye JSA, PSA or another Authenication service. Or they have are Cut Auto's this is where a Card Company Aquires Auto's of a player form Checks , Posters Letters ect. Cuts them Out and then Inserts them into cards..

For Example here is one of my Bob Cousy cut autos. He hasnt died yet but Razor had put out a Cut auto set

[Image: Cards1001-17.jpg]

(06-19-2012, 03:06 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: For Example here is one of my Bob Cousy cut autos. He hasnt died yet but Razor had put out a Cut auto set
ONE of?? Freaking sweet card, I would go ape crap if I ever had a cut auto from someone like Naismith...if only...

Slightly on the topic, definitely not an old player, just kind of an unfortunate story for Griffin, in fact I'm pretty weirded out that he's deceased and I have this crazy 1/1... have been meaning to find someone to trade it to, I'll probably never come up on a crazy Rockets patch like this again tho...

[Image: IMG_0003.jpg]
[Image: nvsi7n.png]

(06-19-2012, 03:58 PM)farnam14 Wrote: ONE of?? Freaking sweet card, I would go ape crap if I ever had a cut auto from someone like Naismith...if only...

Slightly on the topic, definitely not an old player, just kind of an unfortunate story for Griffin, in fact I'm pretty weirded out that he's deceased and I have this crazy 1/1... have been meaning to find someone to trade it to, I'll probably never come up on a crazy Rockets patch like this again tho...

Ya i think they made 68 of those Cousy cuts in that set(its blurry in the scan and im to lazy to pull it out LOL ) but i have 2 of them..

I also have a Dave Cowens and Sam Jones from the set as well..

Card companies have a few options:

i) Get players to sign stickers before they die. Obviously they can then use the stickers after the player has died.

ii) Buy authenticated autographs (e.g. PSA authenticated) and cut the autograph and insert it into a card.

I personally prefer the second option. Here are some of my autographed cards of players created after they passed away.

[Image: IMG_8095.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8263.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7384.jpg]

OHHHH MAN DO I LOVE THAT RED AUERBACH

I like the "cut auto" with the picture of the Player... at least their face is on it... I don't like it when an auto is cut from a check or magazine & then put into a card with only a border with the product/set name.... I am not a fan of Razor's cards... they do not have a NBA license, therefore, they use cut autos, or cards that do not have a player's photo wearing an NBA jersey or mention the team name..

I do not think I own a cut auto yet.. but do have plenty of sticker autos of deceased players..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I'd also prefer the card to have a picture of the player. However, I'm not going to complain; it's great that card companies release cut autos (with or without player pictures), and the above cards are some of my favourites.

(06-19-2012, 03:58 PM)farnam14 Wrote: ONE of?? Freaking sweet card, I would go ape crap if I ever had a cut auto from someone like Naismith...if only...

At first I couldn't figure out what part of the jersey that piece came from. Then I remembered the logo was way different back in 2001. That's definitely one of the sweetest spots to get a piece of jersey from.
[Image: houston_rockets_logo-9846.gif]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Dude...this would be so nice to have...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-James-Naismith-Inventor-of-Basketball-PSA-Autograph-Auto-signed-cut-NBA-NCAA-/360466503785?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ed7a5869

The price is great imo!