Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redemption Opinion

RE: Redemption Opinion
[quote='joe callahan13' pid='2046106' dateline='1340134600']

How do you figure? Once the card companies sell it to their distributor, it's "sold". They WANT you to buy their new stuff as opposed to the 5 year old boxes sitting on a shelf that they have already "sold". They want you buying the new stuff so the shops/distributors will order more of the new stuff from them.
[/quote]

Yeah I should have said distributors rather than card companies. But it still seems like card companies are messing themselves over with all the redemptions. Because now collectors know how much of a struggle it is with them and how long it takes to get the card. How many times have you seen on here people ticked off with redemptions or both of the autographed hits in the box were redemptions so they have nothing in hand. Then they say their never buying that product again. Its just a big chain reaction thing and it will end up at the card companies. Hobby shops shouldnt be hurt too much because they carry very little inventory and usually sell all the new product. Distributors maybe not so much though. I know people get excited about new products and that is the point but after the last couple years of limited and certified, you know collectors are a little bit more cautious now since they have seen how many redemptions have been in those products.
[quote='coachlew10' pid='2046136' dateline='1340137353']

The hobby shop should not lose money. Those boxes on the shelf with expired redemptions should be very difficult to sell. I love the Limited product, but with so many redemptions, who would spend any $ on it after the redemptions expire. A box that went for $100 at release is worth $30-$40 after the redemptions expire. Only a very uninformed person buys Limited after the redemptions expire and the Hobby shop or online store is taking advantage of the person if they sell them a box without telling the buyer the situation. I like your idea of 10 year redemptions, at least the length of the average career, so you could go back and maybe get the rookie later in the player's career.

Yeah thats my point. But after 2 years when the redemptions are expired, most hobby shops probably dont have much of that stuff sitting on their shelves so they dont have to worry about it. But the people that do are going to complain to the companies because they arent able to sell their products due to expired redemptions. So to me it all goes back to the company. I think if the company cant get their cards in the product, then they just need to either scratch that card from the product completely, honor the redemption for much longer than 2 years, or push back the release date. The only thing about the release date is that they already do that and should at least until they get the majority of the cards live. Then they would have less redemptions and could honor them forever as it would take up much less storage space.
[quote='coachlew10' pid='2046136' dateline='1340137353']

[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/