Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Help with a new pickup 1/1

Help with a new pickup 1/1
Hey Everyone-

I just purchased an Alan Trammell 2005 Century Collection Throwback Threads 1/1 card, but when I went to enter it in My Collection, it isnt listed in the OPG. Any help as to why this might be? There is an embossed stamp on the front that says Chicago National 2005 on it, so I assume it was offered from a convention?

Any help is appreciated.

RE: Help with a new pickup 1/1
There are a lot of Convention cards that are not in the OPG (or any other price guide for that matter). I remember back in 2001 when I went to the SuperBowl cardshow that most of the manufacturers had several promotions for cards with special SuperBowl stamps and serial numbering. Specifically I recall Pacific having a stamp machine at their booth that for every pack of Pacific cards you opened at their booth they would stamp 1 card from each pack with a special SuperBowl stamp. Since it was open to any card pulled from any Pacific pack, there could be potentially thousands of different cards with that stamp on it (some may be one of one and others may be one of 1,000 depending on how many people selected the specific card to get the stamp). So it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to track all of the different cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

ok, thanks, makes sense. I guess it's still a 1/1, just a different type of 1/1. It has the official 1/1 stamp also. I'll just put it in my PC and enjoy. : )

Thanks for replying, appreciate it.

(06-19-2012, 08:13 PM)leifsmith Wrote: ok, thanks, makes sense. I guess it's still a 1/1, just a different type of 1/1. It has the official 1/1 stamp also. I'll just put it in my PC and enjoy. : )

Thanks for replying, appreciate it.
Beckett actually did add most of these Chicago National cards to the OPG. Since they were actually serial #'d, you can determine which cards actually exist and how many of them there are. if you submit it to Beckett, they might add it. I have about 20 different National Larkin cards, all #'d to either 5 or 1 and all of them are listed in the price guide.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!