`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break 2 of the year... 1 Panini Black BoxElite and 1 Preferred

RE: Break 2 of the year... 1 Panini Black BoxElite and 1 Preferred
To be fair, I redeemed it on the 9th, just never got around to posting anything about my break until recently... was actually gonna wait till the Olajuwon came through the mail, but i got too impatient
[Image: nvsi7n.png]

Just keep the Olajuwon, man! If you're a Rockets/Hakeem fan, you will ALWAYS regret letting it go ...

Trust me. I'm a LeBron fan since forever. Back in '03-04 I actually pulled his SP Authentic auto rookie, and it was my favorite card I ever had — I probably looked at it almost every day since I pulled it.

Flash forward to last year, and I sold it shortly after the Finals, 1) Because I started to lose a little faith in LeBron (I know, terrible) and 2) I rationalized that I could sell it, and maybe buy a Jordan auto and a lower-end LeBron auto.

I did, but just recently sold the Jordan for additional funds to take the tots to Disneyland.

So, even though we had a good time at Disneyland (LOL), I will never see this again:

[Image: LeBronFront.jpg]

Do NOT let this become your Olajuwon!

Plus, no offense, but it always cracks me up when people say they're selling or trading something because they're broke, or they're a student, or whatever ... if you're really that broke, you wouldn't have bought the boxes!

The money will come and go ... you will never pull a Hakeem like that again!
Brick 
(06-21-2012, 05:54 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Do NOT let this become your Olajuwon!
Hahaha, awesome post man! Seems like wise words from a wise man Smile.
I totally get what you mean about looking at the card every day, because I've definitely been doing the same thing (it looks so sick right next to the murphy from that pic, red and green christmas vibes!).

The only person I'm really considering to deal the Olajuwon to is Htowntigger cause he's got this sick collection he's attempting, check it out, http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1504271.html

That Durant auto I pulled is also pretty valuable to me cause I also am a Texas Longhorns collector, but if I had to choose between the 2, I would definitely have to keep my all time favorite hero. Tho I hate the monopoly for which panini stands, they made a freaking sick fouled card too.

Anyways, thanks for your post man, I totally forsee that regret the second I lose it, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying it every time I look at it (which is a lot).

But I'm pretty sure that Lebron took you to the next level, b/c that thing is sweeeeet
[Image: nvsi7n.png]

(06-22-2012, 01:05 AM)farnam14 Wrote: Hahaha, awesome post man! Seems like wise words from a wise man Smile.
I totally get what you mean about looking at the card every day, because I've definitely been doing the same thing (it looks so sick right next to the murphy from that pic, red and green christmas vibes!).

The only person I'm really considering to deal the Olajuwon to is Htowntigger cause he's got this sick collection he's attempting, check it out, http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1504271.html

That Durant auto I pulled is also pretty valuable to me cause I also am a Texas Longhorns collector, but if I had to choose between the 2, I would definitely have to keep my all time favorite hero. Tho I hate the monopoly for which panini stands, they made a freaking sick fouled card too.

Anyways, thanks for your post man, I totally forsee that regret the second I lose it, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying it every time I look at it (which is a lot).

But I'm pretty sure that Lebron took you to the next level, b/c that thing is sweeeeet
WAS sweeeet ... key word WAS ....