`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it me or is this crazy/ridiculous and un-ethical

RE: Is it me or is this crazy/ridiculous and un-ethical
(06-16-2012, 08:50 AM)uvaspina Wrote: I wouldn't be lured in by someone advertising a mega hit in one of their lots. With that said, I've had positive experiences with the run-of-the-mill "dutch" auctions. I've always gone with guys who have a long history of positive feedback. If you go thru their history, you can see the feedback others have left on similar auctions. Usually I pay $5-10 and end up getting $25-100 BV in return. I've never gotten anything crazy, but it's a good way to get some trade bait. I've found that guys tend to take care of you if you're a repeat customer.
Agreed, I've never had a bad experience with these type of auctions either (one took forever on shipping but the product was better than advertised). However, I would never pay anything more than $10 for these types as the ability to scam on these is easy.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

RE: Is it me or is this crazy/ridiculous and in-ethical
(06-16-2012, 08:01 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: it's just a dutch auction, not a "hot pack" in collecting nomenclature

look, im giving someone early next week a BVG 4.5 andy pafko (a card worth a couple grand). the difference between me and that guy? well, around 6500 positives. but: i dont advertise the big cards i have, because when i get them, they go out. in the case of the pafko, i had a customer order a large number of lots, and he allowed me to go "shopping for him"
What exactly does this mean? If a buyer purchases a lot of dutch auctions from you, he/she gets a fabulous card that is hand picked by you? But if a buyer only picks up one or two dutch auctions from you, what exactly would that buyer get?

(06-16-2012, 07:19 PM)kstjst Wrote: What exactly does this mean? If a buyer purchases a lot of dutch auctions from you, he/she gets a fabulous card that is hand picked by you? But if a buyer only picks up one or two dutch auctions from you, what exactly would that buyer get?
everyone is different, but here's how i roll

(i dont want this to come off as spam, but...)

i run 1 auction every 10 ten days. it is a multi-item set price listing, meaning each "lot" is 1 dollar, and you can bid on as many as you want

my auction guarantees bv ties to the amount you spend. other folks guarantee the number of cards, some say you will get a gu in each, etc. everyone has a different way of doing things

i dont guarantee the number of cards, per se. however, you get 7x's your bid in bv and every card you get will be worth 1 dollar or more, and the cards will average AT LEAST 4 dollars each. so if you spent, say, 10 dollars, you would get 70 dollars if bv in return, and a max of 17 cards (usually more like 11-14). and im always running bonuses and specials that have incentives for customers, including bonuses where you dont get any cards worth less than 3 dollars, or dont get any base cards, etc

the folks that order more, im able to do more for. the person that is getting the bvg 4.5 1952 pafko bought 500 lots. with an order like that, i really like to find something special for them. if they let me (and they always do), given a little bit of time, i can hook them up

now obviously, someone ordering 10 lots isnt going to get a 1000 dollar card. my dutch is not a lottery! but folks that order 10 lots almost always get at least one card worth 15 dollars as part of their lots, or a couple 10 dollar cards. i try to give everyone something.

i even run what i jokingly refer to as my "mercy program" - people that by 1 lot, always get a free lot on top of it. i mean, they pay a dollar for the lot, but have to pay 2 for shipping...it's just not a good deal. so i throw in a free lot to make it a little better
---------------------------------------
/spam off :p

every one does things different. this is way that i have found is the most honest, allows me to make a little money, and still gives my customers a good deal. at this point, with my rep, i could definitely give out a worse deal and still do the same amount of business, and make bigger money. but i ike doing good by my customers

when i have a kid though...all bets are off...lol (kidding)

also, i havent changed my shipping rates in 5 years, even with the postal increases (and ebay going from charging me 5 cents for every lot i sell to about 14-16 cents for every lot i sell)

That's a pretty sweet deal you send out...So long as you are giving more than you get, that's pretty legit.

(06-16-2012, 07:40 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: everyone is different, but here's how i roll

i run 1 auction every 10 ten days. it is a multi-item set price listing, meaning each "lot" is 1 dollar, and you can bid on as many as you want

my auction guarantees bv ties to the amount you spend. other folks guarantee the number of cards, some say you will get a gu in each, etc. everyone has a different way of doing things

i dont guarantee the number of cards, per se. however, you get 7x's your bid in bv and every card you get will be worth 1 dollar or more, and the cards will average AT LEAST 4 dollars each. so if you spent, say, 10 dollars, you would get 70 dollars if bv in return, and a max of 17 cards (usually more like 11-14). and im always running bonuses and specials that have incentives for customers, including bonuses where you dont get any cards worth less than 3 dollars, or dont get any base cards, etc

the folks that order more, im able to do more for. the person that is getting the bvg 4.5 1952 pafko bought 500 lots. with an order like that, i really like to find something special for them. if they let me (and they always do), given a little bit of time, i can hook them up

now obviously, someone ordering 10 lots isnt going to get a 1000 dollar card. my dutch is not a lottery! but folks that order 10 lots almost always get at least one card worth 15 dollars as part of their lots, or a couple 10 dollar cards. i try to give everyone something.

i even run what i jokingly refer to as my "mercy program" - people that by 1 lot, always get a free lot on top of it. i mean, they pay a dollar for the lot, but have to pay 2 for shipping...it's just not a good deal. so i throw in a free lot to make it a little better

every one does things different. this is way that i have found is the most honest, allows me to make a little money, and still gives my customers a good deal. at this point, with my rep, i could definitely give out a worse deal and still do the same amount of business, and make bigger money. but i ike doing good by my customers

also, i havent changed my shipping rates in 5 years, even with the postal increases (and ebay going from charging me 5 cents for every lot i sell to about 14-16 cents for every lot i sell)

(06-16-2012, 07:52 PM)kstjst Wrote: That's a pretty sweet deal you send out...So long as you are giving more than you get, that's pretty legit.
i really do try to make folks happy. that being said, aint like im perfect. i got a negative a while back (ebay removed the comment, but not the rating, something i still cant figure out). the guy misread my auction, and i tried working it, but in the end, i lost a good customer. and i have 3 neutrals in the past year, though one wasnt for my dutch. one guy just wasnt impressed with the cards (he ordered 15 lots), and one guy thought he was getting 7 cards for every lot he bought, not 7 dollars of bv. and im sure some of my positives were folks that werent completely happy

you cant make everyone happy all the time...but that doesnt mean it shouldnt be a goal

my number 1 goal is to make as much money as possible. im rich, [censored]! *swims in cash* make enough money to make it worthwhile. i am a business, after all. but a close second is that i make that money while making sure folks get a good deal on their end

(06-16-2012, 07:40 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: everyone is different, but here's how i roll

"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter."--Homer Simpson

Is your id on the website you deal with the same as here. I wouldn't mind trying your style the next time I'm in a random auction mood.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!