`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally i see some positive Gabbert reports

Finally i see some positive Gabbert reports
Being a Gabbert collector and Jags fan,all ive heard on other boards and sites is how he sucks,never be good but when i ask for reasons i get blowoff responses.Heres the mini camp report,must say its good to finally hear something positive!
2. A brief word on the quarterback. We won’t close with a word on Blaine Gabbert today, and as the offseason ends for veterans, it’s fitting to move the second-year quarterback off the closing spot. His offseason has been that impressive. It’s not unfair to say he made real and necessary strides this offseason. What you wanted and needed to hear about Gabbert this offseason was that he was focusing on the fundamentals in his drop and doing things correctly and naturally enough that he can carry them into pressurized situations in the regular season. All reports were that the fundamentals improved and that Gabbert had a good offseason on that front. During the first two days of minicamp – the first time the media has been allowed to watch a full practice since the beginning of the offseason program – the difference in Gabbert was obvious. He has looked all offseason like a different player off the field – more confidence, and a bit more maturity – and the player we saw on the field for most of minicamp looked different, too. This is all “just the offseason,” of course, and everything you can say positive about Gabbert seems empty until you see it on the field in September, but he has looked about as good as a second-year quarterback learning a new offense and getting NFL coaching for the first time could look in an offseason. There’s no way we can say on June 15 what that will mean, but in the context of what we know, that’s the progress the Jaguars wanted from the last two months.

RE: Finally i see some positive Gabbert reports
Yeah all I ever heard of last year was that he played scared and panicked under pressure. Living in Florida I naturally root for the Jaguars, Bucs, and Dolphins, so I would like to see him improve.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

RE: Finally i see some positive Gabbert reports
I think he will be ok especially with a good coach. I must say he is a prime example of how the strike and no mini-camps really hurt rookies last year.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/