`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Jumbo packs 2012 Bowman = 2 Autos

2 Jumbo packs 2012 Bowman = 2 Autos
Well, I bought 1 jumbo pack a few days ago from my LCS and pulled an eddie rosario AU. Today I did a bit better.....

I bought a pack and pulled

Josh Bell AU

Not bad for my only 2 packs of bowman I have bought.

By the way, what kind of LCS doesn't take cards for store credit or attempt to buy cards?

My lCS guy was like i have over 200,000 cards so it doesn't do me any good.

REAlly?

The Rosario is already traded but Bell is up for Offers
Collect Braun, Hamilton, Bautista, Posey, Stanton, Kemp, and Hart
Seral #, RC, GU , and Auto's

Trading. In your favor for auto rc's

RE: 2 Jumbo packs 2012 Bowman = 2 Autos
My LCS doesn't, it has consignment cases and sells wax but doesn't buy or give store credit which really sucks!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(06-14-2012, 03:45 PM)MagicInaBottle Wrote: Well, I bought 1 jumbo pack a few days ago from my LCS and pulled an eddie rosario AU. Today I did a bit better.....

I bought a pack and pulled

Josh Bell AU

Not bad for my only 2 packs of bowman I have bought.

By the way, what kind of LCS doesn't take cards for store credit or attempt to buy cards?

My lCS guy was like i have over 200,000 cards so it doesn't do me any good.

REAlly?

The Rosario is already traded but Bell is up for Offers

open offer sent. i added some more cards. thanks

My LCS said they are only interested in a few cards from the 50's and won't buy anything else. My first day back into collecting a few months ago I asked if they were interested in a trunk full 80s and 90s cards thinking they could use it as filler in bulk auctions or something. I didn't expect a whole lot of money and would have taken $100 or less. I had no idea how worthless those cards became over the years. Luckily I didn't actually haul the trunk with me. I want to clear the cards out so I have space to start over.

Anyway I went in the next day for new packs and waited behind someone with a small binder. He was trying to sell a few football cards that had a BV of $3 each or less. I knew the owner wasn't going to take them, but at least he let the guy give his sales pitch. When he declined the guy begged him for anything he can offer because he needed a pack of cigarettes. It reminded me of the show Hardcore Pawn.

I guess that is how the few remaining shops stayed in business. Sell packs, don't buy any of the singles, and hope someone sees something in the display case that they absolutely have to have right now. Even some of the high end cards people have posted recently, some were opened at card shops and none have mentioned the owner wanting to buy the card to sell themselves. They leave it up to the buyer to haggle with another collector instead of being the middle man for little profit or going in the hole.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

My LCS maintains a pretty healthy relationship, trade-wise, with his customers. He said to stay in business, you have to give back to the customer from time to time. I guess his strategy has worked considering he's been in business since 1981, while others who tended to only be interested in "business" didn't last too long in my area.

I'd be interested in the Bell if you wanna trade it. Cheers.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!