`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on Selling Cards

Opinions on Selling Cards
I posted some various 2011 Bowman cards like orange, blue, chrome etc for trade recently but there wasn't much interest in those cards as a lot. I thought they would be ideal for set builders as they were small lots of 30 - 50 cards, chrome had a lot more.
I don't like selling cards on the bay but i was considering mixing the various cards by teams, maybe as 25 or 50 card lots. Has anyone tried selling that way with decent results? I just want to downsize, between 2010 & 2011 i must have bought 4 or 5 jumbo boxes of each year and it's just too much. Some were traded, sold or went into my collection while the rest i just don't need. I still have the base, BP & others to sort.
Any ideas or suggestions what may work best? I realize it doesn't bring in much $$ when putting them up for auction, just wondering what method works the best in moving these cards.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

RE: Opinions on Selling Cards
A few years ago I sold a collection for a family friend that include; 5 fifty five gallon cans of cards all in boxes (from 90's)....
I tried every formula and if you are going to do lots I would recommend going by player. 10-20 card lots always seemed to sell for me.

I also learned to be patient and slowly generate money, if they are things you want to get rid of, sell all starting at .99 with reasonable shipping and slowly generate money...

Also for mass mailing, check your area for mail supply type stores (office max and those type are way overpriced). You can get a good price on boxes of bubble mailers as well as shipping labels so all you have to do is print label and slap it on. Again bulk is cheap and helps you make $$$

To give an example, after piecing those out that way, I made a large enough profit to buy 2008-2010 football spa patch autos (complete sets)...

Good luck