`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted to share my experience w/my football friends though it's baseball talk

RE: Wanted to share my experience w/my football friends though it's baseball talk
Awesome!! My mother in law is a huge jeter fan and she would be obsessed with that gift. Like sconnie where do you get a game used base and things like that?
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

RE: Wanted to share my experience w/my football friends though it's baseball talk
thanks bud I appreciate it....the trip itself was awesome as is my wife obviously. I liked it in terms of modernity, but miss the feel of the old stadium and the sense go history it evokes. I got two baseballs in both my visits to the old stadium (john flaherty the bullpen catcher through me one on my very first visit and the bullpen coach threw one up). I'm going to Citi Field for the subway series next year as my wife is a mets fan
(06-14-2012, 11:19 AM)bdubs3316 Wrote: Congrats on graduating and landing a job!

that trip sounds awesome...your wife did AWESOME!

How did you like the new stadium? Did it compare to the old?

I've been to both as well, and I LOVED the old stadium. First time I walked in, I literally got "goose bumps" and was in awe of the history.

The new stadium, while it doesnt have all of the history, they brought everything over (monument park) and have done a TREMENDOUS job with how the food and memorabilia stores are set up. You rarely have to stand in line for food...which is VERY different than how Citi field is set up.

Glad you had fun, and congrats again!

thanks big dog. Coors Field here in CO has a booth where you can purchase bats, jsys, bases, locker plates, etc. The steiner store at yankee stadium sells game used bases and balls (I can only imagine a game used jsy at yankee stadium and the price). The base is from the game I watched (Mets vs Yankees)
(06-14-2012, 04:05 PM)sconnienation3 Wrote: Wow, fantastic trip/gift bud! Where do you even get a game-used base?! Never heard of such a thing! Very cool.

thanks bud...appreciate it
(06-14-2012, 04:11 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Thats an awesome story!!! Congrats buddy!!!

My pc (the one I have not shown on the football boards and that is yankees) is primarily jeter auto's. I answered sconnie and the base question in his post Smile
(06-14-2012, 04:28 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: Awesome!! My mother in law is a huge jeter fan and she would be obsessed with that gift. Like sconnie where do you get a game used base and things like that?
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(06-13-2012, 09:42 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: That is great. Maybe you can have your wife teach my wife about what to get me Wink.
+1
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

Lol. I'm telling you all I say is what I want and my wife simply listens, verifies, and if the price is right, she acquires.
(06-14-2012, 10:15 PM)jmessick86 Wrote: +1
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.