`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I open these??

Should I open these??
I just got a tiny box that says "The Rookies" by Donruss. It's from 1991, contains a 15 piece puzzle, and 56 cards.
I'm new to this - is there any way that it's worth more if I don't open up the plastic - or should I just open 'em up and see what's in there???
Ok - So I looked it up, and it's not random cards. I know what's in there now. Should I still open it or leave it sealed? Doesn't seem like any of them are worth much.

RE: Should I open these??
That is actually a complete set of rookies from that year. Has guys like Jeff Bagwell, Luis Gonzalez, Pudge Rodriguez. It's going to contain 1 complete set plus the puzzles.

If you're looking to resell it, then the best option would be to leave it sealed in the original plastic. It might be worth more that way because the possibility of one of the key RCs (Bagwell or Pudge) being mint would be better.

You're not going to get a whole lot for it on the secondary market. But the best option if wanting to resell is just keep it sealed. Hope this helps and welcome to the hobby.

(06-12-2012, 05:43 PM)fanofcardinals Wrote: I just got a tiny box that says "The Rookies" by Donruss. It's from 1991, contains a 15 piece puzzle, and 56 cards.
I'm new to this - is there any way that it's worth more if I don't open up the plastic - or should I just open 'em up and see what's in there???
Ok - So I looked it up, and it's not random cards. I know what's in there now. Should I still open it or leave it sealed? Doesn't seem like any of them are worth much.

RE: Should I open these??
(06-12-2012, 05:49 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: That is actually a complete set of rookies from that year. Has guys like Jeff Bagwell, Luis Gonzalez, Pudge Rodriguez. It's going to contain 1 complete set plus the puzzles.

If you're looking to resell it, then the best option would be to leave it sealed in the original plastic. It might be worth more that way because the possibility of one of the key RCs (Bagwell or Pudge) being mint would be better.

You're not going to get a whole lot for it on the secondary market. But the best option if wanting to resell is just keep it sealed. Hope this helps and welcome to the hobby.
Thanks for the information. There are a couple that would be worth a few bucks if graded, but grading is expensive and I'd end up even or possibly a few bucks in the hole if I were to have them graded. Sigh.