`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you spend your $700?

RE: How would you spend your $700?
I honestly would pick neither lol. I don't do much vintage and I think cam is already high sv wise.......
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

I'd pay my bills.
But - I'd always pick up vintage. Cams prices are hot right now- too hot. After more releases, they will settle down - and if he gets hurt???.....
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I'm with the others - Otto - Simple reason, like someone said 50 years from now, you have a PSA 7 card thats 112 years old that there wont be too many of them out there. Cam will have 5000 autos before too long - easily obtainable. A 112 year old card of a player who only has 1 or 2 RC's - No brainer for me.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Easy. The Cam. Not only for the "If he wins" investment potential (which I think is a great one) but the "era" potential. Football was still at its infancy at the time of Otto Graham, and he will never be truly appreciated. The people who saw him play prefer to spend their money on baseball for the most part. Football does not have the same history from a statistical point of view to appreciate Graham, as baseball would with Honus Wagner/Ty Cobb. The odds of people spending 10s of thousands on a Graham RC would be highly unlikely as most people collect what their parents suggest at some point in life. I would be more likely to buy a Tarkenton/Unitas RC than a Graham, myself. I would be more likely to tell my kids about Unitas - now because my father passed on stories of them to me plus my experiences. If Cam goes crazy, my kids not only see that growing up, but when they all get older and start collecting, they will go back to the cards of players they appreciated as kids, creating great value for Cam newton auto's if he was successful. Football is in the same era NOW that would equate to baseball in the 50s and 60s. A 52 Mantle in highest of grades will be more valuable than 99% of the 1880-1910 tobacco cards, which is where the Graham would equate in my eyes.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.