`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Autograph grades

Autograph grades
I have some BGS cards with the Auto grade on the front of the label, and some of my BGS cards with the Auto graph on the back of the label. What determines where the auto grade will be placed on the card? Thanks!

RE: Autograph grades
(06-12-2012, 12:12 PM)jeremyblood Wrote: I have some BGS cards with the Auto grade on the front of the label, and some of my BGS cards with the Auto graph on the back of the label. What determines where the auto grade will be placed on the card? Thanks!
Some of it has to do with when the card was graded. At first the Auto wasn't even graded. Then when the Auto started being graded, the grade was put on the back, along with all the other subgrades. Then the Auto grade was put on the front with its own label. Now, the subgrades are on the front and the Auto grade is on the back. The way it is now is my least favorite, b/c it's like Beckett is making the Auto grade not as important. With the Auto grade being on the back, it's almost inconspicuously hidden. If you don't know what you're looking for you could miss the Auto grade entirely.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Nolan I'll sometimes get cards from the same batch on the front and/or back. I think it might boil down to individual grader's prerogative but I have no basis of proof. I'm just spit balling.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

So on all new BGS orders, the auto grade is on the back. OK thanks. They just shipped my order yesterday, got a BGS 9.5 Harper AU in there, cant wait! Thanks!

Actually BGS is doing it both ways. Just got a card back this past weekend and the Auto grade is on the front. 3 months ago was that last time I received a card back with the auto grade on the back. I still havent figured out how the position of the grade is decided.

(06-12-2012, 04:59 PM)jeremyblood Wrote: So on all new BGS orders, the auto grade is on the back. OK thanks. They just shipped my order yesterday, got a BGS 9.5 Harper AU in there, cant wait! Thanks!
Yeah I might hold your Harper ransom too.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Could it perhaps have something to do as to if the Autograph is "on card" or a sticker??

(06-12-2012, 05:08 PM)jeremyblood Wrote: Could it perhaps have something to do as to if the Autograph is "on card" or a sticker??
I don't know; that's a thought. I just remembered this. It also has to do with the thickness of the card. Thicker cards more than likely will have the Auto grade on the back. And the Auto grade is an insignia, as I mentioned above.

I have come to the conclusion from multiple submissions with cards in the same submission having the grade on front and back that it has something to do with the length of the wording on the main label. Long names have the auto grade on the back and short names have it on the front. I know it sounds funny but 90% of the time it holds true.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(06-13-2012, 12:57 PM)branesergen Wrote: I have come to the conclusion from multiple submissions with cards in the same submission having the grade on front and back that it has something to do with the length of the wording on the main label. Long names have the auto grade on the back and short names have it on the front. I know it sounds funny but 90% of the time it holds true.
That's a valid point. I forgot about that example. Thanks!!