`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-12 Panini Past & Present 2 Box Father's Day Break: UPDATE 6/15/2012

2011-12 Panini Past & Present 2 Box Father's Day Break: UPDATE 6/15/2012
I decided to make this thread in anticipation of my first hobby box in over two years. Mind you, I didn't just get one, I got two. I was watching an auction for two boxes at $165 delivered, and it had one day left as of last night. I got on at 1:30 AM and the guy removed the listing, I was upset. But I found someone who had more than 10 boxes for $100 OBO each. I threw him an offer, we went back and forth, and I was able to get two boxes for $180 delivered. It says 5-6 days shipping, so I'm hoping to have it here by Saturday of next week, but I won't be opening it until Father's Day (so I kind of hope it doesn't get here until Saturday so I'm not itching, lol).

What would be the best way to do a live video break? And if I were to do one, who would be interested in watching? And when? Mid-day or later in the day? With it being Father's Day, I'm pretty sure most parents might be going out at night for dinner, but I figured that I'd like to do a live break. But there is a warning, it's going to be a long break. 40 packs, 8 cards per pack, and I will be sleeving every card as I open them (that's just me, sorry , lol). Don't worry, I won't be sorting the cards by number as I break them, though I normally do that as well. Smile

Anyways, I'm excited, it's got today feeling good. A product I really like, hopefully get a few hits for the sets I'm collecting, and it's a hobby product, not from Wal-mart/Target/K-Mart. It would be even sweeter if I pulled a Kobe, Griffin, Rose or some other autograph that I could use to simply recoup my money and possibly continue buying more hobby boxes. This is the most I've ever spent on cards at one time, so I'd like the feeling of "redemption" (and there will be at least one redemption in each box, I hope). Thank you all for looking, hopefully it'll be worth it.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: RESERVED THREAD: 2011-12 Panini Past & Present 2 Box Father's Day Break (Live Video?)
I always liked Ustream if its gonna be live.. if your just gonna Video it then put it on Youtube.

RE: RESERVED THREAD: 2011-12 Panini Past & Present 2 Box Father's Day Break (Live Video?)
I was thinking of that or BlogTV (seen Panini use it). Does Ustream have a chat feature?

Good luck
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(06-10-2012, 01:46 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Good luck
Thanks, and I got your cards. I truly appreciate it. Was more than I expected.

Since you bought 2 boxes and not one can I amend my guess on how much you'll spend to get everything? lol
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

good luck with your breaks. hope you pull loads of Pistons

(06-11-2012, 02:00 AM)buckunteer Wrote: Since you bought 2 boxes and not one can I amend my guess on how much you'll spend to get everything? lol
lol. No, because these boxes are for the base set, not the breakout sets. I doubt I'm going to fill any needs. Thanks to Justin picking up the Rose for me, I'm done with the base set (Lin is en route) and I have 7/24 of the AU set. But like I said on the other thread, IF I do get an AU need for the Breakout set, then it will be 25% of the box price which was $90 (so $22.50). Imagine if that ends up being a Lin, Rose or Griffin. BOOYAH!! Smile
(06-11-2012, 03:19 AM)folkertino Wrote: good luck with your breaks. hope you pull loads of Pistons
Thanks, that would be sweet. However, that's one of the things I kind of like about this product, there aren't too many variations that need to be pulled. I like it being a smaller product, means I can get my cake and eat it too. Smile

Good Luck X's. hope you get some Lakers for trade. LOL!!! Hope you do pull some good hits!!!

(06-11-2012, 10:04 AM)kct1 Wrote: Good Luck X's. hope you get some Lakers for trade. LOL!!! Hope you do pull some good hits!!!
Thanks. Anything non-Kobe AU is yours, because you have some stuff I need. Smile