Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
996 Topps Stars Finest Refractors #124
Question 
996 Topps Stars Finest Refractors #124
hey guys got a question. i bought a storage unit at auction because i had my eye on some comics. in one of the boxes of comics there were about 75 various jordan cards in hard sleeves. its been years since ive been in the card market and these ones look a bit more complicated then when i used to collect. through beckett i was able to identify most of the cards but there is one i have been unable to confirm. maybe yall can help. i know the card is a 1996 Topps Stars Finest Refractors #124 Michael Jordan. unfortunately i cant tell what the difference is between the regular refractor and the atomic refractor. ive looked on ebay to see if i could find the 2 different ones being sold, but everyone seems to have the atomic version, or at least they are portraying the more expensive version. any tips would help

RE: 996 Topps Stars Finest Refractors #124
Post a Scan

sorry man no scanner

since you seem to be an avid poster maybe you can give me some advice. when do you decide a card is worthy enough to be graded? seems like that is the only way people are buying

The old atomic refractors have refracting/pixelated lines in a square pattern through out the card surface, while the normal refractor doesn't. Also, it should say on the back of the card (just under the number) what type of refractor it is.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(06-11-2012, 09:13 PM)taffster74 Wrote: The old atomic refractors have refracting/pixelated lines in a square pattern through out the card surface, while the normal refractor doesn't. Also, it should say on the back of the card (just under the number) what type of refractor it is.
Very true. Just look below the card number "124" on the back of the card. It will either say, "REFRACTOR", "ATOMIC REFRACTOR", or nothing at all. If it doesn't say anything then it is just the base card.

Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/