`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe SPX auto

Kobe SPX auto
I thought I'd ask my fellow collectors a question that I'm having a hard time trying to decide on. Do any of you think that a 2003-04 Kobe SPX Flashback auto is a good deal @ $225? I'm trying to figure out if I should pick it up or walk away from it.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

RE: Kobe SPX auto
Id say walk.
I got a 1997 (technically rookie year) Vision Signings for $65 That graded a BGS 8.5
AND
A 2002-2003 Upper Deck Kobe Bryant Heroes Autograph serial # 1/8 for ONLY $150 and it graded a BGS 9.5!!!

So in comparison I'd say No.

This the card you speak of?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...true&rt=nc

Not 03/04...but its a "flashback" autograph. But this one comes with a jersey piece.

(06-10-2012, 01:38 PM)creativemunky Wrote: This the card you speak of?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...true&rt=nc

Not 03/04...but its a "flashback" autograph. But this one comes with a jersey piece.
Thanks, but it's the 2003-04 version. If it was this one, I would have picked it up already. That was the first thing I verified when I first saw it.
(06-09-2012, 06:46 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Id say walk.
I got a 1997 (technically rookie year) Vision Signings for $65 That graded a BGS 8.5
AND
A 2002-2003 Upper Deck Kobe Bryant Heroes Autograph serial # 1/8 for ONLY $150 and it graded a BGS 9.5!!!

So in comparison I'd say No.
When did you pick up the Heroes auto?

either last year (2010), or the year before.

heres a pic:

[Image: Untitled-9.jpg]

Here's a pic of the card:
[Image: photo.jpg]

Well, that must mean you got it then.
Not my cup of tea, especially the signature thats just a piece of paper inserted into the card (always hated those types ).
As long as youre happy and you think its a good deal thats all that matters.

(06-17-2012, 09:46 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Well, that must mean you got it then.
Not my cup of tea, especially the signature thats just a piece of paper inserted into the card (always hated those types ).
As long as youre happy and you think its a good deal thats all that matters.
Actually I didn't get it yet. He let me take a pic of it. I understand what you mean about the auto, but at the same time it's all paper to begin with, lol. Kobe's UD auto's are jumping in price and becoming hard to find. What I found, all of his SPX auto's are selling pretty good.

Man you can't go wrong with it. It's always going to carry ridiculous value. It's all about your preference. If I had $225 I might hang on and keep searching for a better price on a Kobe auto, but that's my preference. I think it's a sweet card though.