`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Paypal wtf...

RE: OT: Paypal wtf...
(06-08-2012, 01:03 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Actually I just talked to ebay, and the bill your referring to, ebay has to report to the IRS anyone that has over $20,000 dollars and 200 transactions in sales during the year, paypal then has to issue a 1099 tax form to that seller, and the seller must claim those sales on their Income tax return, as well as State tax.

Also as to your claim of not having to provide the information that Paypal request, if they requested it, then you must provide it, just like you have to provide it to your bank when you opened your bank account, as well as employer, since paypal is considered and registered as a financial institution.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/market...s/IRS6050W
That also has nothing to do with what Im talking about. Mine is through Paypal, not ebay, and I have no where near $20,000/200 in sales lol

Call Paypal, not Ebay... I dont get why everyone keeps bringing up ebay. This is a paypal issue, not an ebay issue. I can still buy, sell and do everything on ebay, I caan still collect money from items sold on ebay into my paypal and I can still transfer money in my paypal to my bank account. I just cannot add funds from my bank to my paypal. So NO I do not have to provide them with my requested info unless I want to keep BUYING stuff from outside sellers. I can still use giftcards to buy on ebay...

All this effects right now is transactions to people im buying off of not through ebay, its has nothing to do with ebay
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

Do you not have a credit card? I don't know why you just wouldn't pay for things with that. I try very hard to not buy things with "PayPal balance" because if you have to file a claim and the seller has no funds, PayPal just tells you you're SOL.

(06-08-2012, 11:53 AM)irbecards32 Wrote: Im just going to be using gift cards to pay for my ebay purchases,
Unfortunately you can only do this a very limited number of times. I had my Paypal account suspended because I changed credit/gift card too many times. I only used them for my buyers account and it could not have been more obvious there was nothing suspicious going on other then adding pre-paid credit cards to my account.

Out of the blue they put limitations on my sellers account as E-Bay staff was told by management to monitor new sellers/ and older sellers who hadn't sold for a while because the chances were great the product was stolen. Believe it or not that is what I was told 3/4 times LOL.

To get my Paypal suspension lifted they wanted me to fax them an invoice on the cards I purchased and they tried to force me to link my bank account to my Paypal account.

My selling account on E-Bay was a complete nightmare and I still am not sure how I was supposed to get the limitations lifted.

In both cases I called them every few days and explained my situation and asked them if they could explain to me what I done wrong. I finally was able to speak to operators that took the time to view my accounts for the past 15 years and they could see no wrong doing, they took the limits/restrictions off with no more issues. I haven't used E-Bay or Paypal since then and it looks like I will never use them again due to the new legislation/fees and complications that are becoming the norm.

Alright, time for someone with computer skills to create a new bidding site and a new online payment site... Keep the fees but lower them so you can still make money off the site, and dont have it so all the customer service people are moronic drones that just read answers from the help menu and have no clue whats going on... Myspace had its run and Facebook replaced it... ebay's run needs to be replaced with something better that acutally MAKES SENCE and doesnt require you to basically give DNA samples to buy stuff with YOUR OWN money

The problem is Paypal which is owned by Ebay so to those who said why is everyone bringing up ebay that is why?

I have not had this happen to me but I also do not meet the reporting mini to get reported -- you have to be a power seller to do that much $.

(06-08-2012, 11:24 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: The problem is Paypal which is owned by Ebay so to those who said why is everyone bringing up ebay that is why?

I have not had this happen to me but I also do not meet the reporting mini to get reported -- you have to be a power seller to do that much $.
It had nothing to do with selling as i stated before. ive probably only sold maybe $900 worth of stuff this year and $650 of the was the RNH silhouette. The limited rep said, like I mentioned before this has nothing to do with anything, you didnt do anything wrong, there are no issues with the account, no claims against it, no bad selling, no bad buying. it is just something the site is switching over to (paypal) and I happened to be one of the first batches of people that have to do it and by the end of the year everyone will be required to do it.

My buddy said that when he recently opened up his paypal account, that he was required to do the exact same thing they are asking me to do... This post wasnt to find out "why" they did it, I know why they did it, the guy streight up told me why they did it, which is why I dont get why everyone is posting theorys why they did it. The point of the post was to just b***h about it and warn people whats coming.

(06-08-2012, 11:35 AM)irbecards32 Wrote: Went to transfer money on my paypal today and randomly all the sudden the only thing they limited was I cannot transfer money from my bank to paypal. Never a single issue with the account, never a single issue with the ebay account, never any problems and now they want a photo ID, copy of ssn and proof of address. When I called and asked why, they said it was some government bill passed last year and they are slowly doing this for every account registered on paypal and by the end of the year everyone will be required to do this. what a bunch of bs. I dont want them having absolutly EVERY piece of info associated with my identity...

Has this happened to anyone else on here yet?? The paypal rep also said that I dont have to do it but it will eventually effect every aspect of the account and the whole thing will become limited and accounts that dont comply will be frozen at the end of the year...
HA! According to that article, it seems like you've flagged their watch list. Are you sure you're just 'trading cards'? Wink
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(06-09-2012, 01:21 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: HA! According to that article, it seems like you've flagged their watch list. Are you sure you're just 'trading cards'? Wink
Well I did sell 2 humans & a bald eagle, but those were marks as "goods" haha

oh my

good thing i don't sell on ebay
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

apparently "gifting" for that rare White Tiger was a bad idea Tongue
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75