Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG DEAL!

BIG DEAL!
Hello all,
I have a question for you guys. I'm looking at picking up a 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan Rookie BGS 9.

The Deal
$1000 Cash + 1996-97 Finest Kobe BGS 9.5

Stipulations
-I already have a BGS 8.5
-The BGS 9 is not a true 9. Subs (8.5,9,9,9)

Is this a deal that you would make? or should I hold off and pick up a true 9 later on? would you guys even bother spending the money getting a BGS 9 with a BGS 8.5 in hand?

I'm 50/50 because I think it's a good deal and I could always use another Jordan rookie Smile The only thing...I think that one sub (8.5) would take away from the 9.

All and any opinions welcome! Thanks

NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

RE: BIG DEAL!
I would say dont do it.. you seem to be very concerned with the Sub Grade so if your not comfortable i say dont do it.. When your going for a High End item i think you need to be 100% comfortable.

Not sure if this is the same card:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jordan-R...3cc64038b5
However there is a nicer BGS9 (with two 9.5s, a 9, and a 8.5) right now for sale on eBay for about the same price. That being said, your offer seems fair, however if I already had a BGS8.5 I am not sure I would spend another grand+ on upgrading by 0.5 points.
What are the sub-grades on the BGS8.5 that you already have?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(06-07-2012, 07:45 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: I would say dont do it.. you seem to be very concerned with the Sub Grade so if your not comfortable i say dont do it.. When your going for a High End item i think you need to be 100% comfortable.
True, I think the 8.5 sub would bug me too much :/
(06-07-2012, 08:16 PM)djohn Wrote: Not sure if this is the same card:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jordan-R...3cc64038b5
However there is a nicer BGS9 (with two 9.5s, a 9, and a 8.5) right now for sale on eBay for about the same price. That being said, your offer seems fair, however if I already had a BGS8.5 I am not sure I would spend another grand+ on upgrading by 0.5 points.
What are the sub-grades on the BGS8.5 that you already have?
It's not a deal on Ebay. Local guy here. This is my current MJ
[Image: IMG_0337.jpg]

The more I think about it....The more i'm thinking no deal. Could spend the $ on more 90's inserts!
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

That 8.5 centering would definitely bother me if it came down to me shelling out 1G and Kobe's best rookie card (in 9.5 no less).

It's a no-go for me.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

Would you sell your 8.5? If so, then getting the BGS 9 wouldnt be too much of a difference. So if this is the case, it would be a couple hundred dollar upgrade, if you decided to sell your 8.5. In that regards, I would. If you were to plan to keep both, then I would just be happy with the 8.5 and then use the 1k for other rare cards....or a nice auto. Do you have an MJ auto?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(06-07-2012, 09:43 PM)jchavestx Wrote: That 8.5 centering would definitely bother me if it came down to me shelling out 1G and Kobe's best rookie card (in 9.5 no less).

It's a no-go for me.
his finest isnt his best rc, the chrome is. i would say def do it, the finest is less then a $100 card and bgs 9 jordans sell for over 1100, i would do the deal all day long!!!!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(06-07-2012, 07:45 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: I would say dont do it.. you seem to be very concerned with the Sub Grade so if your not comfortable i say dont do it.
Ditto. If you area not absolutely sure, do not pull the trigger. You do not want to look at it later and wonder why you did it.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

if he did the deal and ended up selling on ebay, even after fees, he would make a few hundred dollars off the deal, im not sure why it would not be a good idea to do it?
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

I'd say don't do it, save the cash and get other things for your pc you already have one graded get an auto or some low#d sick inserts of him.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes