Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$15 Flea Market Pickup...

RE: $15 Flea Market Pickup...
Its not a Topps Archives...
This is the Topps Archives..
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Foo...arr/724320

It is a REPRINT of some sort as the background is red. The Starr card had an orange background
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

The card I picked up has an orange background, it just looks redish in the pic..
Dude had a ton of Mickey Mantle cards, Johnny Bench, Hank Aaron etc, and they WERE authentic, so I had to take a chance on this, didn't really think it was real though..
If you have less than 15 successful trades here on Beckett, you will have to send first.
[Image: yyIxU.png]
Always looking for any Seahawks, especially Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas and Beastmode!

Nice card for a reprint...

The discoloration thing isn't exactly a fact, as I see quite a few authentic ones that still have as white borders as mine..
If you have less than 15 successful trades here on Beckett, you will have to send first.
Always looking for any Seahawks, especially Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas and Beastmode!

that really sucks that topps didn't indicate anywhere on the card that it's a reproduction
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

(06-07-2012, 08:29 PM)hhh tgt Wrote: The discoloration thing isn't exactly a fact, as I see quite a few authentic ones that still have as white borders as mine..
I've NEVER seen an original with a white border. Here is the one from my set. Compare it to all the others in the scan, and they all have the same coloring on the borders. Also, your name and background are deep orange (giving it the benefit of the doubt). None of the ones I have seen are that color of orange; they are all like the one in my scan. Check the backs too. These have a consistant cardboard color. Yours is different. I've owned 3 and seen several others.

[Image: 1957-14f.jpg]
[Image: 1957-14r.jpg]

While it isn't a Topps Archives reprint, it IS a reprint. However, if you feel different, send it in and have it authenticated. No one in their right mind would sell a card without doing the research as to its value, and assuming they thought it was real, no one in their right mind would sell a card that expensive for $15.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Nobody old enough to know who Bart Starr was would sell it for $15. People know stuff is worth money, especially if you say he had older authentic stuff.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

Well that was exactly my thinking too, he had really good prices on the stuff I knew was real though too, so I had to take a chance on this..

I say get it authenticated it's worth the money you would invest if it is real.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

He had a '62 Topps Mantle for $25...which I know was real...I NEED to go get that tomorrow..