`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Totally Excited but need a little advice...

OT: Totally Excited but need a little advice...
Well I purchased my ticket today for my Ripken auto at the Convention!!!!!!!!! Totally excited Big Grin

As most of you remember, I am getting this signed....

[Image: OsHelmet.jpg]

Well, what I need to know is.....What is the absolute best marker (gold or silver aside) to have this helmet signed with. I am really concerned about chipping!!!!

Any help will be truly appreciated!!! Thanks Smile

RE: OT: Totally Excited but need a little advice...
Are you having him sign on the bill of the helmet or the side? I would go with a standard black sharpie if signing on the orange bill, go with gold sharpie or paint pen ( takes a few seconds to dry ) on the black side ... either way its going to look great. Hopefully I will see you there, I'm going 3 of those days.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1

(06-07-2012, 05:18 AM)ftballcardz Wrote: Are you having him sign on the bill of the helmet or the side? I would go with a standard black sharpie if signing on the orange bill, go with gold sharpie or paint pen ( takes a few seconds to dry ) on the black side ... either way its going to look great. Hopefully I will see you there, I'm going 3 of those days.
agreed Smile have a blast at the show T Smile

Lucky! Go with silver in black!
Insert Banner.

If signing the Bill i say silver if the side of the helmet black. They will have sharpes thier so they should have some good ones i would think it being tri star and costing an arm and leg
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(06-07-2012, 07:40 AM)gadsden86 Wrote: If signing the Bill i say silver if the side of the helmet black. They will have sharpes thier so they should have some good ones i would think it being tri star and costing an arm and leg
I think you meant to flip those... black on black wouldn't be a good idea.

I would use black Sharpie on the bill, period, end of story. Silver or gold on the helmet will look awful because the colors will clash. You have to have a similar color on the helmet somewhere for it to look right. Also, do NOT use a paint pen! They aren't as smooth as a Sharpie, and the paint doesn't flow out in a uniform fashion, so the lines will be uneven and possibly broken.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

I vote black on orange.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I agree with Doc, black sharpie on the orange bill is the way to go IMO
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Where did you go to purchase your ticket. I have been on Tri star and the NSCC.com all morning.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

I also agree with the majority. Black sharpie on the orange bill or silver or gold sharpie on the black part of the helmet.

Either way, I hope you have a blast, and please make sure you show it off when you get it signed so we can all be jealous of you!! Big Grin

Have fun, T!! Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**