`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Going to Dallas. Does Beckett offer tours?

OT: Going to Dallas. Does Beckett offer tours?
Heading to Dallas this weekend for a 5 day conference at the convention center. I anticipate some down time to get out and about on the town. I'm thinking of checking out the Book Depository, zoo, and aquarium.

I'd be interested in stopping by the Beckett building but I don't want to show up unannounced/uninvited and be bounced. Anyone have insight? Also what about the offices of Panini or Leaf? I'm restricted to public transit and from what I can tell my hotel is on the opposite side of town from all of the fun stuff. Everything I've researched has me going over a toll road. If I'm in a taxi does that do anything funky with the cab fare? I live in a "drive yourself" city and haven't rode in a taxi in four years.

Also, the obvious: CARD SHOPS? Google has shown me a place called Nicks. Any others?
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: OT: Going to Dallas. Does Beckett offer tours?
I believe if you show up at beckett Headquarters this is what happens..

[Image: grantorinogetoffmylawn.jpg]

bbills:

*slow clap*

Epic response!

Hobby instagram

Not sure about the office or card stores, but taxis usually charge you for tolls, just ask them when you call one up and they will tell you.

There are a couple of shops I go to when I am in the Dallas area. The first is south of town (in Duncanville) and is called Gil's Infield. Nice fellas and sometimes have autograph signings. The other is north of town and is called Triple Cards and Collectibles. It's in Plano. Has boxes set up numerically of every brand and sport issued since 1980. I go there to fill my set needs.

Both of those may be too far. But the DART trains run to Plano I know. Not sure of how far south they go. Plus, you have to go through Oak Cliff when you go south, which is a bad part of town.

Not trying to scare you away. More just trying to give advice.

(06-07-2012, 12:40 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: There are a couple of shops I go to when I am in the Dallas area. The first is south of town (in Duncanville) and is called Gil's Infield. Nice fellas and sometimes have autograph signings. The other is north of town and is called Triple Cards and Collectibles. It's in Plano. Has boxes set up numerically of every brand and sport issued since 1980. I go there to fill my set needs.

Both of those may be too far. But the DART trains run to Plano I know. Not sure of how far south they go. Plus, you have to go through Oak Cliff when you go south, which is a bad part of town.

Not trying to scare you away. More just trying to give advice.
Thanks, very much appreciated. Seems where I'm staying is the art district. Which isn't BAD but I like sports a bit more than culture. I'm a historian and political scientist by degree but doesn't mean it dominates my life.

Hobby instagram

You should go visit Panini's headquarters. It's in the Dallas area I believe. Be sure to bring you redemption requests. Maybe they can give them to you while you're there.

Message Chris Olds about visiting Beckett.

Also, go to Snuffer's on Greenville Ave. for the best cheddar fries in the world.

(06-07-2012, 12:33 PM)y2hood Wrote: Epic response!
Cant take to much credit your Siggy made it to easy

(06-07-2012, 04:29 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: Cant take to much credit your Siggy made it to easy
HEY! Only my lady can call me easy Big Grin

Appreciate all the input! I actually might just do that and pack a redemption I have for a Jimmy Graham National Treasures rookie auto. I've been waiting since before Christmas.

Hobby instagram