`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First-ever COMC mailday w/ scans :)
06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
RE: First-ever COMC mailday w/ scans :)
(06-06-2012 08:41 PM)jchavestx Wrote:  Always good deals to be had at COMC. BTW that 1996 Bowmans Best Refractor set is way underrated, great design imo.

I particularly love the atomic refractor which I also have. Amusingly, now I only need the base card for that mini-rainbow.

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Hey
If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the Members Only Top Crop and did they have another one for sale?
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM
(06-06-2012 09:54 PM)akaus Wrote:  Hey
If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the Members Only Top Crop and did they have another one for sale?

I paid less than $1 for it, but it's not a members only. In fact, I don't think they paralleled those, at least according to Beckett.

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

06-06-2012, 10:55 PM
(06-06-2012 12:36 PM)buckunteer Wrote:  Though I enjoy busting wax more, as I started acquainting myself with this site, I quickly realized I could pick up a lot of my PC players not named Michael Jordan on the cheap.

Spent about $28 including shipping and putting every item I would normally PC in a toploader (autos/GUs/$10+ cards). The cards were all in fabulous shape, and all told I got over $125 in bv for nothing but PC cards! Here are the basketball highlights.

[Image: COMCMitchpickups001.jpg]

The Fleer Prominence is /125 and is now the lowest numbered Mitch in my PC! The Bowman's Best and mystery finest are both refractors.

Also picked up a few football Buckeyes, I think the helmet sticker card is wicked!

[Image: COMCBuckeyepickups001.jpg]

Thanks for looking Smile

Nice looking stuff man. I have used this site a lot to pick up MJ set cards that I need that are typically $1 each. Nothing huge like you picked up, but a good way to complete sets.

[Image: Nick.jpg]
06-07-2012, 12:03 PM
I think he is right about the members only. If you look across the card it says Member's Only all over it. The regular version wouldn't have that part.

Karl Malone 1892/2912 http://s267.photobucket.com/user/bballkm...Collection
Ryne Sandberg / http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312...berg%20PC/
06-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Very nice. I love getting maildays from COMC. I usually do one whenever they put on a shipping discount deal. Last time I had over 300 cards shipped, and I now have around 100 waiting for me to take delivery.

[Image: djohn-1.jpg]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 265/419
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/
06-07-2012, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 12:28 PM by bbills1999.)
(06-07-2012 12:08 PM)djohn Wrote:  Very nice. I love getting maildays from COMC. I usually do one whenever they put on a shipping discount deal. Last time I had over 300 cards shipped, and I now have around 100 waiting for me to take delivery.

How often do they do Shipping Discount Deals? Next time you see one Post it or PM Me
(06-07-2012 12:03 PM)bballkm32 Wrote:  I think he is right about the members only. If you look across the card it says Member's Only all over it. The regular version wouldn't have that part.

Buck I think this is the Card you have

http://www.beckett.com/basketball/1996-9...er-3125150

[Image: ZsFkX.png]

TRADERS NOTE: I KEEP MY CARDS AT THE DEFAULT RATING IF YOUR MARK YOUR CARDS MINT I WILL TRADE MY CARDS AT THE MINT RATING AS WELL. UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE.
06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
(06-07-2012 12:23 PM)bbills1999 Wrote:  How often do they do Shipping Discount Deals? Next time you see one Post it or PM Me

Buck I think this is the Card you have

http://www.beckett.com/basketball/1996-9...er-3125150

yeah that's what it is. Says it on the COMC receipt too. I tried searching top crop instead of members only. I paid $.99 for it though according to the receipt. I tried to keep everything at 80% off of high bv cause I know once shipping and handling got thrown in it'd be more.

06-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Very nice purchase!

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?
06-09-2012, 03:49 AM
nice pic ups. I search COMC almost daily, looking for their new uploads for set needs for the scarce cards I'm looking for..

I was able to put together three Chronology sets (2 x 2006-07 & 1 x 2007-08) by using their site, along with a few "lots" I bought of ebay, few singles off Beckett Media & a couple trades.. Picked up most of my Elite Black Box base cards on the cheap, along with Limited 2009-10 base & legends /99..

What I like about COMC is you can buy cards & keep them on your inventory, until you are ready to ship. I currently have 8 cards waiting to be shipped. I try to combine cards to save on shipping... They are a little slow on shipping time, usually around holidays... but cards are well protected during shipping. I've had no problems with them. I just wish you can search by team, instead of only player name & product name.... I do like that you can compare prices to multiple sellers & send "offers" before you buy them.

Only missing a few cards...
Elite Black Box -
-Andrew Bogut #77 base /99
LIMITED 2009-10 ** "Legends" **
121 - Jamal Mashburn /99
144 - Walt Fraizer /99

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*