`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Should they be called Prime or Patch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prime
11.11%
1 11.11%
Patch
77.78%
7 77.78%
Other
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prime or Patch?

Prime or Patch?
Again, just trying to spark conversation, but do you think cards with stitching from letters, logos, numbered, logomen, etc. should be called Prime or Patch? Answer the poll and add any comments you think of. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: Prime or Patch?
Honestly I wouldn't have a preference, except that some cards that say "prime" are just a one-color swatch, and other cards that say "patch" are the same way. I'd just like to see consistency throughout with the terminology. Swatch for your basic jersey piece, and use prime or patch for the multi-color stuff/stuff with designs on it.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(06-06-2012, 12:04 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: Again, just trying to spark conversation, but do you think cards with stitching from letters, logos, numbered, logomen, etc. should be called Prime or Patch? Answer the poll and add any comments you think of. Smile
Sounds like your trying to start a controversy

(06-06-2012, 12:30 PM)buckunteer Wrote: Honestly I wouldn't have a preference, except that some cards that say "prime" are just a one-color swatch, and other cards that say "patch" are the same way. I'd just like to see consistency throughout with the terminology. Swatch for your basic jersey piece, and use prime or patch for the multi-color stuff/stuff with designs on it.
Prime should be multi, but patches can be singles color, and be 100% true

(06-06-2012, 07:16 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Sounds like your trying to start a controversy
No, just one to also look for consistency. Smile Panini (well, formerly Donruss and the like) call them Prime, which Topps and Upper Deck call them Patches. And for the most part, when I see someone even list a Panini Prime card, it seems like they still refer to it as a patch. Just seeing what people's preference would be.

In my opinion any Letters, Number, Logo's (team or league) should be called a Patch .. Any seems or sticking should be called Prime

I said patch, but it's really hard to define between patch and prime. Upper deck was just purely lazy in calling something that is clearly just the one color a patch. At least when panini do it (in my experience at any rate), if it is one color there is stitching clearly visible. I have a kenyon martin 2010-11 Donruss production line GU prime that is one color but the stitching clearly puts the piece as being from the shorts waistband.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

why cant patches be one color? if they take from the middle of a number...that's still a patch. but in my opinion, not prime, ya dig?

(06-07-2012, 04:19 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: why cant patches be one color? if they take from the middle of a number...that's still a patch. but in my opinion, not prime, ya dig?
I'm picking up what you're laying down.

lol. The lingo amuses me. Smile Thanks for the comments guys, always love clean debates. Smile