`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What card(s) would you buy with $450?
06-05-2012, 01:13 PM
What card(s) would you buy with $450?
I just had a guy email me looking for a card that I had, basically my paypal account just jumped by $450. Now I have the horrible task of spending that on cards lol. I am considering some of these options

1. Jordan Fleer rc (probably get a 4 or 5)
or
2. Jordan auto (again cheaper one, maybe sott)
or
3. 4-5 cool Jordan cards. Either some GU with other bulls, vintage stars or older rare inserts.

or I could just buy a few modern rookies.

What would you do if you suddenly found yourself with $450 to just spend on cards to treat yourself?

[Image: MapleLeafs.jpg]

NHL hockey is back!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: What card(s) would you buy with $450?
1. Jordan RC

[Image: th_e6bfb599.jpg][Image: th_b9d4fa1c.jpg]
06-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm more about quantity over quality, so this may not appeal to anyone but me. First, I'd try to finish off all of my current sets (outside of 2011-12 Past & Present base and the Breakout sets) through Marketplace or COMC (or a combination). Once that's taken care of, then I'd try and buy in bulk as many Pistons cards I could that I don't have, starting with the cheapest. I figure, with $450, I could probably get 200+ Pistons needs after finishing off my sets (374 set needs, though some are Rose RC). Smile

TOS-Read it
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,717+ diff Pistons cards

06-05-2012, 01:41 PM
id buy 2-3 nice Jordan inserts from the 90s..

[Image: arod.gif]
06-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I would try to get a few nice rookies, but I wouldn't go for the Jordan RC in anything under a 7 (NM) grade. Now you are pretty close if you add another $50 or so to being able to get a Jordan RC with a PSA or BGS 7. The Jordan Auto is a nice idea too. Personally, I would put $100 or so toward low dollar singles on COMC to fill in some random wants and finish off some sets. Put another $100 toward $10-$25 cards on eBay and then get a nice $250 card. I might pick up a PSA7 Topps Wayne Gretzky rookie on eBay for under $300, which would be a pretty nice addition to any collection.

[Image: djohn-1.jpg]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 271/419
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/
06-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I would probably try to pick up a lower-end MJ auto, and with any cash leftover, look for a low-numbered PC card or two since Mitch Richmond stuff and stuff of guys in Ohio State jerseys can be had pretty reasonably most of the time.

I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]
06-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm more quality over quantity but a 4-5 grade wouldn't do it for me so I would go with a few Jordan's. If it were me I'd be looking for a Rose patch auto.
06-05-2012, 03:06 PM
You can get the Jordan rookie graded a 6 if you're patient. I got my BGS 7 at $500.
06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
I love Rose but I am nervous spending high $$ on him. This is a tough injury for a player of his style. I doubt he will be as fast and he will likely not be as agressive going to the hole.

(06-05-2012 02:00 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote:  I'm more quality over quantity but a 4-5 grade wouldn't do it for me so I would go with a few Jordan's. If it were me I'd be looking for a Rose patch auto.

[Image: MapleLeafs.jpg]

NHL hockey is back!!!!
06-05-2012, 03:23 PM
(06-05-2012 03:06 PM)creativemunky Wrote:  You can get the Jordan rookie graded a 6 if you're patient. I got my BGS 7 at $500.

Agreed, if you want an MJ RC get one in that price range. Be patient and you can get one in that range.

I gave $570 for a BGS 8 in an older BGS slab. I then spent $5 on a reslabbing fee on my next BGS submission.

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!