`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print run on 07-08 Kevin Durant Hot Prospects

Print run on 07-08 Kevin Durant Hot Prospects
Does anyone have a clue on the print run on this 07-08 Hot Prospect Kevin Durant?or how rare it is?
[Image: screenshot20120526at102.png]
(I took this pic off ebay, but was wondering if anyone knows how much of these were made since there's no print run listed on the card)
Thanks

RE: Print run on 07-08 Kevin Durant Hot Prospects
If there is no stated Print Run i dont think there is anyway of Knowing the True Print Run because the card companies dont release that info..

I ran a Population Report on that Card to see how many Beckett has graded ant only 3 have been Graded so far 2 with the 9 grade and 1 at 9.5

(05-26-2012, 03:34 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: If there is no stated Print Run i dont think there is anyway of Knowing the True Print Run because the card companies dont release that info..
That is partially true, however you can figure out the print run on a lot of cards if they give the odds for a serial numbered card in the pack. I'm not sure if 07-08 Hot Prospects listed the odds, but if they did that you can calculate the print run for all the cards.
It takes a little bit of algebra, but here is an example:
Insert A is 1:100 packs, and there are 10 cards in the Insert A set. So the odds of getting a specific insert A card are 1:1000.
Parallel B is 1:4 packs, and there are 200 cards in the Parallel B set. So the odds of getting a specific parallel B card are 1:800.
Now if Parallel B is serial numbered out of say 500. Then the equation for the number of each card from Insert A is as follows.
(Print Run of A * Inverse Odds of A) = (Print Run B * Inverse Odds of B)
Since the odds of A are 1/1000, the inverse odds of A is simply 1000. So the equation becomes: (Print Run of A * 1000) = (500 * 800), and thus
Print Run of A = (500*800)/1000, which comes out to
Print Run of A = 400.
I hope this helps and wasn't confusing.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I actually pm'd UD and got a response this morning saying they don't "Share information" on print runs of unnumbered cards. So I guess they do know but don't want to share.
And thanks DJohn, never thought of doing what you did. Does anyone know the odds of pulling one of these cards?hopefully I can do what djohn did to get an idea. It's only like a $10-$25 card but do you guys think it will only go higher up in value?

IMO, Jersey cards(plain 1 color ones) do not really rise much in value. The patches and autos have a better chance of rising. In about 15-20 years when Durant is a legend like MJ, you might see a rise.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(05-29-2012, 02:47 PM)quavis Wrote: IMO, Jersey cards(plain 1 color ones) do not really rise much in value. The patches and autos have a better chance of rising. In about 15-20 years when Durant is a legend like MJ, you might see a rise.
I would agree, except that it is a rookie year card. If Durant wins some titles and becomes a legend then the card will definitely rise substantially in value, but that may be a big if.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.

to no avail. Someone told me that if you have a beckett subscription, sometimes it shows the odds/print run even on unnumbered cards. Anyone have a sub?

(06-03-2012, 10:12 PM)TangoVictorMike Wrote: to no avail. Someone told me that if you have a beckett subscription, sometimes it shows the odds/print run even on unnumbered cards. Anyone have a sub?
They only list that for some cards, but not all cards. There is actually more information like that on 90s inserts than newer ones. I checked for the card you were inquiring about and found that there is a red version numbered to 25, but no info regarding the print run or odds for the version you have.

(06-04-2012, 09:11 AM)djohn Wrote: They only list that for some cards, but not all cards. There is actually more information like that on 90s inserts than newer ones. I checked for the card you were inquiring about and found that there is a red version numbered to 25, but no info regarding the print run or odds for the version you have.
Would u check something else for me if you dont mind?If so, pm me. Thanks

If anyone here has a Beckett Basketball Subscription, would u pm me plz. Not about BV but something else. Thanks