`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just purchased my best/most expensive Marino and couldnt be more excited!!!

RE: Just purchased my best/most expensive Marino and couldnt be more excited!!!
Sick pickup, Rick! Congrats, buddy!
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

WOW!!!!! *picks jaw up off of the floor* insane! congrats!!
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

Thanks everyone!!! I really can't wait to see it in person. The seller had it listed for 400 BIN obo and I sent a lowball offer of 150 just to see where the seller stood. Well before I heard back from him I said 150 was too low of an offer and 400 was too high of an asking price and wanted to know what number he had in mind to get the deal done. The next day he informs me there was a lot of interest on the card and he is going to list it as a standard auction. First thing I think is $$$$$ lol. He listed it at 200 and no one bid on it until about 3 mins left. At 9 seconds I typed in 275 and saw the price go up to 250 and thought I have no chance at this but had to bid just for the chance and when I saw I won it I was like hell yeah lol.

The patch is so sick that of course part of me feels it could be fake but I can't imagine anyone risking damage an on card autod booklet of marino to replace the patch but u never know. Believe me I will examine this is sucker like crazy when I get it. I will probably submit it to bgs to check for tampering/altercation as well. All in all I feel its legit and for 257 or so its worth a shot imo.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

That is the sickest Dan Marino I have ever seen. Congrats

If the patch is real great pick up and congrats. I only say this as the vast majority of these booklets seem to have been one color
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I think you practically stole that one... awesome!!!

UNbelievable card. I was unaware that Topps put multi-colored patches in those booklets, let alone an entire frekin logo!
I collect BAYLOR MEMORABILIA and SPORTS CARDS. Also RC QB autos and Redskins. My Album: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Sensei322

(06-05-2012, 08:35 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Thanks everyone!!! I really can't wait to see it in person. The seller had it listed for 400 BIN obo and I sent a lowball offer of 150 just to see where the seller stood. Well before I heard back from him I said 150 was too low of an offer and 400 was too high of an asking price and wanted to know what number he had in mind to get the deal done. The next day he informs me there was a lot of interest on the card and he is going to list it as a standard auction. First thing I think is $$$$$ lol. He listed it at 200 and no one bid on it until about 3 mins left. At 9 seconds I typed in 275 and saw the price go up to 250 and thought I have no chance at this but had to bid just for the chance and when I saw I won it I was like hell yeah lol.

The patch is so sick that of course part of me feels it could be fake but I can't imagine anyone risking damage an on card autod booklet of marino to replace the patch but u never know. Believe me I will examine this is sucker like crazy when I get it. I will probably submit it to bgs to check for tampering/altercation as well. All in all I feel its legit and for 257 or so its worth a shot imo.
I hope for your sake that it's real, because if it is then that's a steal of a price and a sick PC addition. But a relatively large part of me thinks that the patch may be altered. I've watched my fair share of 5 Star breaks, and seen plenty of 'em on eBay and this is the only one with multi-colors. So for having not seen any with 2+ colors, to seeing a filthy logo patch like that definitely throws up quite a few red flags. Best of luck to ya!

Really cool patch!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Sweet card but I must say that the patch on that one throws up some insane red flags to me. I hope its real but based off the set and difference in patch quality alone not to mention a perfectly placed dolphin through 3 patch windows it seems beyond altered. But for your sake I hope it works out.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY