`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any movement on the registry????

Any movement on the registry????
It has been 18 months since the dreaded red warning title on the registry page. Any news on anything at all regarding this? Has anybody added cards to their registry? I have been leary on doing in fear that I would have to do it again.

I think the masses would appreciate an update if even it is a small one. Lets us know it is on the radar at least.

RE: Any movement on the registry????
(06-04-2012, 10:49 AM)scottishpunk Wrote: It has been 18 months since the dreaded red warning title on the registry page. Any news on anything at all regarding this? Has anybody added cards to their registry? I have been leary on doing in fear that I would have to do it again.

I think the masses would appreciate an update if even it is a small one. Lets us know it is on the radar at least.
Right now it still doesnt work as it should. It does not allow you to add cards to sets. I have an 89 upperdeck set on here that was completely wiped out because I tried to delete a single card out of it and it deleted the entire thing. That was a lot of work I did for nothing. Right now I have every card entered on a separate registry so I can at least view my card grades w/o having to physically pull them out from my boxes. I would like to one day be able to re-list my set as a single entry, Ive bought many new editions and would be higher up in the ratings for my set. Until then Ill just keep adding single registries for each card. Sad

Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.

I've avoided talking about the registry because it really angers me and about 3 or 4 months ago, a member of Beckett grading expressed the same (I'm not upset with Beckett grading). He indicated development would be meeting back then to discuss the new registry but still nothing which is par for the past year and a half, not even in the Beckett Update forum section. Pathetic. I'm locked into a few registries with BVG but I've started to dismantle my other BVG registries and moved into other areas of collecting. Had those responsible at Beckett gotten their thumbs out of the butts and delivered a usable registry, this probably would not have happened. I've started using SGC for certain cards and I'm building a batch headed to PSA. As a means for preserving and validating a card as an asset, BVG and BGS are still fine, but as far as building additional value by supporting and growing the registry, Beckett flat out sucks.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

I have been trying to make a registry set of the 2000 Upper Deck Yankees Legends Legendary Lumber Gold cards. I bought a Pepitone card, and I can not, repeat CAN NOT have my set show up in the listing of sets already made. I had a local card dealer whom I trust suggest to me to use Beckett, as he heard about trimmed cards being graded at PSA. However, I don't want to go thru all this hassle to make registry sets. I love the Yankees and am on the fence as to who to send cards to. If no registry, I don't want to use Beckett. My dilemma is I like Beckett and their prices are more reasonable than PSA, but the hassle and my time is not worth using Beckett registries.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(08-14-2012, 12:37 AM)bamyanks Wrote: I have been trying to make a registry set of the 2000 Upper Deck Yankees Legends Legendary Lumber Gold cards. I bought a Pepitone card, and I can not, repeat CAN NOT have my set show up in the listing of sets already made. I had a local card dealer whom I trust suggest to me to use Beckett, as he heard about trimmed cards being graded at PSA. However, I don't want to go thru all this hassle to make registry sets. I love the Yankees and am on the fence as to who to send cards to. If no registry, I don't want to use Beckett. My dilemma is I like Beckett and their prices are more reasonable than PSA, but the hassle and my time is not worth using Beckett registries.
Why worry about a registry? If you like Beckett, then I say go with Beckett. I have been crossing PSA & SGC Graded cards over to BGS/BVG. I've made my own registry using excel.

It's your collection. I say go with which ever grading company makes you happy.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-14-2012, 12:37 AM)bamyanks Wrote: I have been trying to make a registry set of the 2000 Upper Deck Yankees Legends Legendary Lumber Gold cards. I bought a Pepitone card, and I can not, repeat CAN NOT have my set show up in the listing of sets already made. I had a local card dealer whom I trust suggest to me to use Beckett, as he heard about trimmed cards being graded at PSA. However, I don't want to go thru all this hassle to make registry sets. I love the Yankees and am on the fence as to who to send cards to. If no registry, I don't want to use Beckett. My dilemma is I like Beckett and their prices are more reasonable than PSA, but the hassle and my time is not worth using Beckett registries.
You've hit on why I've liked Beckett, because they are very adept at spotting trimmed and doctored cards and in turn educated me on how to spot them. I really like the grading team as well. I understand what Nolan5000 is saying and agree with him, if that works for you. Unfortunately, it is not working for me as much as it used to.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos