`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying local vs. buying online

RE: Buying local vs. buying online
Sadly I don't have an LCS but when I head out of town to a town that does have an LCS I'll stop in usually to pick up some supplies and possibly a box or a few packs. Last year after Lineage hitt around $55/box online I was out of town at an LCS who had Lineage marked at $125 and I couldn't believe it
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(06-03-2012, 11:07 PM)jdone Wrote: Just want to know some others opinions. I want to support the card shops but at what difference in price do you start buying boxes online. One site has boxes of 2012 tribute for over 60 dollars less than shop and museum collection for 40 less. I would most likely spend saved money locally. Just thought I'd get opinion. Thanks
If I can save $20 or more, I would buy online. If there's not much difference in price, I would buy from the shop every time. I like to support the shop and if a high dollar card is pulled from their box, the shop would probably help me trade or sell it.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

The Card shop closest to my house recently went out of business BUT while he was open he would match the lowest price I could find online. Most of the card shops I visit now say they will do that too.
[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]

(06-04-2012, 01:29 PM)mffpatrick Wrote: The Card shop closest to my house recently went out of business BUT while he was open he would match the lowest price I could find online.
lol...perhaps thats why he went out of business Smile

(06-04-2012, 06:45 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Blowout or Dave and Adam is the way to go for me, LCS in area is not good at all and the big guys do not search cases for hits, then just sell out of the case and they sell cases..
If the LCS in area was at all competitive price wise or selection wise, I would go there..
Agreed have bought from both of these sellers and have got the case hits as well.

+1 Very well said. If you buy from them enough they will give you free packs when you buy too.

(06-04-2012, 07:21 AM)jtraven42 Wrote: Build up a relationship with your LCS and then they will most likely give you friend prices. Treat each other right and the LCS will want you to be a consistent customer. I got a $10 break on each box of Archives I bought.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

When I buy, i try to buy from my LCS. I have known the owner for almost 16 years now. He is a really nice guy, just trying to support his family. He always takes care of me, even when he doesn't see me in the store for over a year or more sometimes. I will pay more to deal with people I know and trust.

I want to do as much local as possible, maybe get to shop once a month so I will get couple boxes and supplies if needed when there. Some things just don't seem all that competitive on. Called local shop bought some boxes over phone today he came down on both boxes some, I have to pay shipping buts shipping is still less than me making 100 mile round trip.

(06-04-2012, 06:45 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: Blowout or Dave and Adam is the way to go for me, LCS in area is not good at all and the big guys do not search cases for hits, then just sell out of the case and they sell cases..
If the LCS in area was at all competitive price wise or selection wise, I would go there..
i think they are ok for buying lower end stuff, From what Ive heard they both search and do alot of selling boxes from cases that already had the case hit pulled. I have bought a total of 6 boxes from blowout and a case of 2010 topps update along with about maybe 10 other boxes from DA and i havent gotten a hit over $50. My local LCS or sealed cases from ebay have brought me the best luck. besides the local LCS always has the topps freebies to give away.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

I'm always hesitant to buy boxes/cases because I've heard many times that sellers are able to tell which boxes/cases contain the big hits. I used to buy supposed "hot packs" off of eBay, but not anymore. I'd like to try buying from Blowout or Dave and Adam when I get some money put aside.