`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So guys.........

So guys.........
Opinions. I know, i have been posting alot of posts like this in the very recent past. I recently made a deal with a member here to sell off almost all of my melo jersey and patch cards, as well as a few autos. I sold off all the rookie autos. and am focusing on everything in a knicks uniform.

BUT......there is a patch auto that a guy offered me for trade at a local shop here, and i need opinions. The card is sick. But i got rid of all kinds of nuggets stuff, and i'd be falling right back into the trap. Should i go for it, or stick to only knicks? i know most of you could care less, but opinions would help. When i post the maildays that i will be having this week you guys will see the progress i've made since selling my tools of the trade set.
Always looking to collect Carmelo Anthony patches and autos

Still offering 20 dollar finders fee for anyone who can point me to the T or Y of 07-08 Topps letterman set.

Check My Melo PC on my bucket.
http://photobucket.com/nateadamsdubvmelo

[Image: ZfsEI.png]

RE: So guys.........
(06-03-2012, 07:10 PM)natebuzzadams2 Wrote: Opinions. I know, i have been posting alot of posts like this in the very recent past. I recently made a deal with a member here to sell off almost all of my melo jersey and patch cards, as well as a few autos. I sold off all the rookie autos. and am focusing on everything in a knicks uniform.

BUT......there is a patch auto that a guy offered me for trade at a local shop here, and i need opinions. The card is sick. But i got rid of all kinds of nuggets stuff, and i'd be falling right back into the trap. Should i go for it, or stick to only knicks? i know most of you could care less, but opinions would help. When i post the maildays that i will be having this week you guys will see the progress i've made since selling my tools of the trade set.
I would stick to just the Knicks and rookie year autos if he was the player I collected. Just my 2 cents

You obviously lile it. Thats what you should collect. The stuff you like not the uniform.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(06-03-2012, 07:37 PM)quavis Wrote: You obviously lile it. Thats what you should collect. The stuff you like not the uniform.
i do love the hobby. and melo is my second favorite player of all time behind jordan. not sayign he's anywhere near as good as jordan. but he's my second favorite. i watched him in person in college and have in person every year since he's been pro. but i got rid of most of my nuggets uniform ones, i think i may go for all, just low numbered autos and patches only.
Always looking to collect Carmelo Anthony patches and autos

Still offering 20 dollar finders fee for anyone who can point me to the T or Y of 07-08 Topps letterman set.

Check My Melo PC on my bucket.
http://photobucket.com/nateadamsdubvmelo

[Image: ZfsEI.png]

If you can get it for a great deal... I would. You can always use it for trade bait later.
NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

I have some of his stuff from his high school days @ Oak Hill. sweatband, yearbook, game program, stuff like that. I love CA too. I'm working on putting together all OHA alums rookie card collection and let me tell you that are a lot so it's a slow process.

I agree with the other guys on here, collect what you like, not the jersey or team that he plays on.

I get that question a lot about which team do I like. I don't like teams as players go from team to team in this day in age so I just follow the players.

If the card appeals to you & you really like it, then I'd pick it up... but if you only one to collect one type of card (i.e. Knicks players).. then go that route.

I collect mostly Lakers. My PC player is Farmar. Sad he was traded. I still collect him because he went to UCLA, which I'm a big fan of too. But over the last few years since I started collecting.. I've been chasing HOF players & trying to get at least one auto of every Lakers in a Lakers Uniform.. still wonder if Karl Malone even has a card in a Lakers uniform??

I also collect sets, last sets I put together is both years Chronology base & still working on Elite Black Box (last card I need is Andrew Bogut #77 /99 base card), also need a few Topps Signature 08-09 black facsimile cards, including rose (but don't want to buy for full BV)..

If you like a card so much, go after it if it's a good price. I catch myself buying all sort of different cards & players, because the card appeals to me. I like it so much, I must have it.. but only if the price is right & I have extra card money to spend... also, keep in mind you want to save some money for those hard to find cards or expensive cards you "must have" that can pop up any moment..

I been searching for all SPA 08-09 VARSITY "LETTERS/AUTOS"... need 3 more Farmar cityname cards.. all are 1/1 or /3.. also chasing all lakers "letters" in Chronology... I missed out on a Vern Mikkelson... Couldn't get back to a computer to put my high bid in. I already have two letters, but missed on a third.. currently bidding on a Gail Goodrich.. which I must have.. got 5 so far, includes one double, that i bought by mistake..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Why restrict yourself in your own hobby? You can set your goals but don't let them become a limitation to your own joy. If you like the card, pick it up. If you don't, leave it.

(06-04-2012, 03:05 AM)folkertino Wrote: Why restrict yourself in your own hobby? You can set your goals but don't let them become a limitation to your own joy. If you like the card, pick it up. If you don't, leave it.
+1

just don't go overboard & try to buy everything... buy within your means... there are too many collectors that have "emergency sells" because they have to pay a bill or something broke on their car... That has happen to me once & I had to sale my Exquisite Auto box lot of Lebron James... I still hated that moment, because I only got $2,500 for it.. when I could of sold it for at least $3K or more..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(06-04-2012, 04:54 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: +1

just don't go overboard & try to buy everything... buy within your means... there are too many collectors that have "emergency sells" because they have to pay a bill or something broke on their car... That has happen to me once & I had to sale my Exquisite Auto box lot of Lebron James... I still hated that moment, because I only got $2,500 for it.. when I could of sold it for at least $3K or more..
Totally agree with this. The way I look at it is that you can't go for immediate gratification. If you really like it, then yeah, buy it. But if your goal is only Knicks, then fend off the urge and think of it as saving for something you want even more. That way of thinking has kept me from buying a few things I thought I wanted.