Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for a Serious Collector

RE: Question for a Serious Collector
^ yeah that is a lot different than a Ripken auto
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(06-01-2012, 09:59 PM)the cardboard fan Wrote: ^ yeah that is a lot different than a Ripken auto
True it is. But why does that make the card so rare and sought after? Ive seen a million want list with this particular card...

um, wow...i just wasted a half hour

yea, completely changes it

im gonna have to redo this, but withou doing research: very ballpark: you have to act like it is just an insert of cal from the 90's numbered to 10. the auto is almost irrelevant. now, numbered inserts from that era have heated up quite a bit, so #'d to 10 aint no small shakes. my initial guesstimate without research: 120 dollars

but the game is getting close now, and the rest of ym weekend is booked

man...i really should NOT have assumed it was cal's auto

(06-01-2012, 10:03 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: um, wow...i just wasted a half hour

yea, completely changes it

im gonna have to redo this, but withou doing research: very ballpark: you have to act like it is just an insert of cal from the 90's numbered to 10. the auto is almost irrelevant. now, numbered inserts from that era have heated up quite a bit, so #'d to 10 aint no small shakes. my initial guesstimate without research: 120 dollars

but the game is getting close now, and the rest of ym weekend is booked

man...i really should NOT have assumed it was cal's auto
Sorry. Should have specified. But none the less all the au cards from that series are listed as n/a which there are 10 players total each having 10 cards auto'd by Michael Cramer therefore 100 cards total

honestly i think the card is worth more without michael cramers auto. what a dork, i could see if he put his auto on it along with cal's but what an idiot. thankfully it is cal ripken who surely has a big following in the hobby and im sure there will be some ripken collectors licking their chops at a 90s insert #/10. if it was me I would put it at 300/BO and see what kind of offers you get. even though this is football, id say this is a good example ebay tem number: 180695282755
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

there are some real big Ripken collectors over on FCB and I bet they could easily give you a ballpark on this card
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames