Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf Best of Basketball Conspiracy?

Leaf Best of Basketball Conspiracy?
Hi guys,

I've recently tried to come back in the hobby by making a few high-end pack purchases, and recently saw a leaf best of basketball pack selling for 280 (when the norm seems to be around 340). Now is it safe to assume that the reason the price is so comparably low because the seller has already gotten a "case hit", or with this kind of product is it impossible to determine something like that? Just wondering if I'm coming up with some crazy theory or if this is actually a good price I should jump on?

RE: Leaf Best of Basketball Conspiracy?
not sure on that one to be honest, 3 boxes to a case, seems like ya get a kobe or a big name in each case, I think 280 for a box would be good if I saw the case being opened in front of me but I'd shoot myself if I bought a box of that and all I got was a jason kidd rookie card graded 9.5....man just take your 280 and buy 3 different 100 dollar cards....wouldn't even risk it....hope that helps

He probably did get the case hit but $280 was the original price per box when it first dropped, but its very possible you still get a decent auto from it but not worth the 280..i bought a case of this already i wouldnt buy just one box if i were you
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

Yeah, the money I have, this is really all I have to spend, seems like there's room for a heartbreak. Definitely have money to go elsewhere.

I would strongly recommend not picking up the box... better odds in a case.

I would check the seller's other listings.. see if he has up a big name Leaf Card.. that was probably the hit, or he already sold it...

Save your money for a case or buy singles... I always love the gamble of busting wax, but for that amount of money for a couple cards.. is not worth it...

Check out the Leaf singles online... they sell for very cheap.. didn't see too many of the graded cards right now, so I think people are listing them without the "best of basketball" search.. but, you can tell, not too many cards sell over the $300 range... more likely you'll end up pulling a 100-150 graded card, then a Leaf sticker auto that is less than $20 value.. NOT WORTH IT! even if you're looking for PC cards & not for resale..

I do not like Leaf... or the concept they used to throw the product together... they are making tons of money off old products... they bought up a bunch of graded cards or sent cards in to get graded, repackage them, with a sticker auto card of their own & resale them... they can easily turn $500K into a few million by selling packs like that.... that should be the Conspiracy Theory.... just sayin'

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(06-03-2012, 04:57 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: that should be the Conspiracy Theory.... just sayin'
lol, well said

I would of thought UD would of tried to sue Leaf or the creators behind the product for trying to resale their cards & make millions... unless UD had a contract with them to do it... BGS might of had a contract with them too & increase some of the grades to make it more appealing to collectors... notice how most of the BGS nameplates say "Leaf Best of Basketball" ?? Just because a card was pulled out of Leaf Best of Basketball packs, doesn't mean it should carry a premium.. especially of you have two BGS cards both graded at 9 or 9.5... they should be worth equal value.. since it's the same grade by the same company.. what product it was pulled from or re-pulled from, shouldn't matter.

more of my 2 cents..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(06-04-2012, 01:15 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I would of thought UD would of tried to sue Leaf or the creators behind the product for trying to resale their cards & make millions... unless UD had a contract with them to do it... BGS might of had a contract with them too & increase some of the grades to make it more appealing to collectors... notice how most of the BGS nameplates say "Leaf Best of Basketball" ?? Just because a card was pulled out of Leaf Best of Basketball packs, doesn't mean it should carry a premium.. especially of you have two BGS cards both graded at 9 or 9.5... they should be worth equal value.. since it's the same grade by the same company.. what product it was pulled from or re-pulled from, shouldn't matter.

more of my 2 cents..
Actually, anyone can add text to their graded cards if they want to. If that MJ supercollector did (don't remember their name), they might carry a premium as well.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(06-03-2012, 04:57 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I would strongly recommend not picking up the box... better odds in a case.

I would check the seller's other listings.. see if he has up a big name Leaf Card.. that was probably the hit, or he already sold it...

Save your money for a case or buy singles... I always love the gamble of busting wax, but for that amount of money for a couple cards.. is not worth it...

Check out the Leaf singles online... they sell for very cheap.. didn't see too many of the graded cards right now, so I think people are listing them without the "best of basketball" search.. but, you can tell, not too many cards sell over the $300 range... more likely you'll end up pulling a 100-150 graded card, then a Leaf sticker auto that is less than $20 value.. NOT WORTH IT! even if you're looking for PC cards & not for resale..

I do not like Leaf... or the concept they used to throw the product together... they are making tons of money off old products... they bought up a bunch of graded cards or sent cards in to get graded, repackage them, with a sticker auto card of their own & resale them... they can easily turn $500K into a few million by selling packs like that.... that should be the Conspiracy Theory.... just sayin'
Interesting thoughts - think Leaf is the only one doing this or the others may 'have had thoughts' too?