`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Times like these....what do we call them

Times like these....what do we call them
Earlier today I was made a offer for my Tom Brady auto....The person offered me a single auto with a bv 2x that of the Brady... The player is good and could be great one day. I have been told that im only in the world of sports cards to make a profit but I think today I found that to be wrong, I turned down a offer that would have been a huge gain on the BV side of cards but also could have been a nice payday if I decided to sell the card. I guess in the end my heart told me to turn down the offer.... I never really thought I would turn a offer like that down, but I have been wrong before.

Huh, well I guess thats my two cents

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

RE: Times like these....what do we call them
Tough choice for you, but if you like your Brady auto more than the 2x bv doesn't matter.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

Hype has probably driven that person's value up...once the hype settles in a year or 2, the value will probably be less than the Brady. Without knowing the player its hard to gauge but definitely a possibility I woulda done the same
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

Can you tell us who the card was of?
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

(05-29-2012, 07:13 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: Hype has probably driven that person's value up...once the hype settles in a year or 2, the value will probably be less than the Brady. Without knowing the player its hard to gauge but definitely a possibility I woulda done the same
Cam Newton Limited

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

I think you did the right thing!! I would much rather have a card of a future Hall of Famer than the latest rookie who has nothing to their name but potential.

That book value could go down in a few years. Tom Brady cards have nothing but upside to them.

Wise choice!!!

I would have kept the Brady too unless you PC Cam. Brady doesn't sign anywhere near as many cards as Cam does so the card is more rare in that aspect. I think you did right by keeping it.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

I have been on a LONG time search for a nice Brady auto! I would have kept it to if I where you. I know how hard it was for you to trade that freeman to me so I know you aren't in it to make profit (if you can though who would blame you) you do care about many things. I'm sure like everyone else you do try and be able to make money if you can though (almost everyone I would hope would).
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]