`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flea Market Finds and more!

Flea Market Finds and more!
Wondering about anyone's "great success stories".
I recently went to a flea market and searched through some binders at a table. Most cards were '91 to 2003 Topps, nothing crazy, nothing hard to find. I asked the seller "How much?" He said FORTY CENTS per card. I had to look.

Ended up finding a 1959 Yogi Berra and Whitey Ford!!!!
Also spotted a '93 Topps Draft Pick Derek Jeter!!!!

And, the big one.....a 1971 THURMAN MUNSON!!!!!!!!

All for $1.60. Unbelievable!!!

RE: Flea Market Finds and more!
Holy poop.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

Here's the two that REALLY stunned me:

thats crazy!! i need to start going to flea markets!!

I never find anything but junk cards at flea markets. About 2 yrs ago I found a complete set of 1988 topps in a binder for............wait for it................$80.00.....All I could do was laugh and walk away.
[Image: yankeebanner.jpg]

(05-29-2012, 04:46 PM)collector1974 Wrote: I never find anything but junk cards at flea markets. About 2 yrs ago I found a complete set of 1988 topps in a binder for............wait for it................$80.00.....All I could do was laugh and walk away.
Before this particular day I would have agreed with you 100%, but now I think I'll have to give it another try!

(05-29-2012, 03:07 PM)ajcdj1012 Wrote: Wondering about anyone's "great success stories".
I recently went to a flea market and searched through some binders at a table. Most cards were '91 to 2003 Topps, nothing crazy, nothing hard to find. I asked the seller "How much?" He said FORTY CENTS per card. I had to look.

Ended up finding a 1959 Yogi Berra and Whitey Ford!!!!
Also spotted a '93 Topps Draft Pick Derek Jeter!!!!

And, the big one.....a 1971 THURMAN MUNSON!!!!!!!!

All for $1.60. Unbelievable!!!
That's crazy. I would have actually felt bad just paying $1.60 for those cards (unless they are reprints, and you just didn't realize it yet). It's amazing what some people sell without knowing what they have, and how cheaply they sell them for, yet others want big bucks for crappy cards that nobody wants.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-29-2012, 05:32 PM)djohn Wrote: That's crazy. I would have actually felt bad just paying $1.60 for those cards (unless they are reprints, and you just didn't realize it yet). It's amazing what some people sell without knowing what they have, and how cheaply they sell them for, yet others want big bucks for crappy cards that nobody wants.
Nope, not reprints. I checked after getting home. I would have paid that much FOR reprints, so I figured I'd get them and check later. But they're the real deal. I felt a little bad myself, but he was happy, he sold a few cards that he hadn't been able to move (I picked up a few others, as well) and we talked for awhile about how lame he thought baseball was. He was from Europe, so of course he was a soccer fan.